• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Want more information about "X"

BroncosFan2010

DH and I have cruised with RCCL (Voyager and Radiance class), and DH has been on a Princess cruise before.

We are beginning to think about and Alaska Cruisetour and will most likely book with Celebrity on the Millennium. I was wondering if you could give me some information about this line, what to expect, and perhaps compare it to our previous experiences on RCCL.

I have a few specific questions for those of you who have sailed on RCCL as well as Celebrity.

1. Is the aqua spa kind of like the Solarium?

2. Is the CC level balconies worth the extra money, or are we better off just booking a GTY veranda?

3. Will there be less children on board compared to RCCL ships? (we will be looking at late August/early September doing a 4 day cruise tour and 7-10 day Alaska cruise---we are waiting for the schedules to come out for 2010).

4. Does Celebrity offer any perks for the RCCL gold members? (I know they offer something for Diamond/Elite Members)

Any other helpful information is welcome. I am just beginning to research Celebrity and all that it has to offer.

3. Will there be less children on board compared to RCCL ships? (we will be looking at late August/early September doing a 4 day cruise tour and 7-10 day Alaska cruise---we are waiting for the schedules to come out for 2010).

4. Does Celebrity offer any perks for the RCCL gold members? (I know they offer something for Diamond/Elite Members)

Any other helpful information is welcome. I am just beginning to research Celebrity and all that it has to offer.

I have only cruised Celebrity but I can answer these questions.

Unless you are doing a more inexpensive cruise during vacation time, there are very few children onboard. Since you are looking for the end of August, early Sept when school starts and being gone for 11-14 days, there probably be very few children onboard.

The reciprocal membership benefit is only available at the over 5 cruise credit level - Platinum or Diamond. The benefit is for membership level in the other club and the benefits of that club - you will not get RCL benefits on Celebrity. Since you are only gold level, you cannot join Captains club until you have cruised Celebrity.

We love Celebrity cruises for the quiet relaxing environment with a traditional cruise experience. There aren't a lot of pool games, no blaring announcements - the only announcement is midday when the Captain gives his report on postion, temp, water temp, speed, arrival at next port time, etc followed by a brief listing of the remaining activities of the day by the cruise director. The only other announcements would be emergency ones and wildlife sightings (such as whales on the port side). Service is excellent which is one of the main reasons we keep coming back.

I have only cruised Celebrity but I can answer these questions.

Unless you are doing a more inexpensive cruise during vacation time, there are very few children onboard. Since you are looking for the end of August, early Sept when school starts and being gone for 11-14 days, there probably be very few children onboard.

The reciprocal membership benefit is only available at the over 5 cruise credit level - Platinum or Diamond. The benefit is for membership level in the other club and the benefits of that club - you will not get RCL benefits on Celebrity. Since you are only gold level, you cannot join Captains club until you have cruised Celebrity.

We love Celebrity cruises for the quiet relaxing environment with a traditional cruise experience. There aren't a lot of pool games, no blaring announcements - the only announcement is midday when the Captain gives his report on postion, temp, water temp, speed, arrival at next port time, etc followed by a brief listing of the remaining activities of the day by the cruise director. The only other announcements would be emergency ones and wildlife sightings (such as whales on the port side). Service is excellent which is one of the main reasons we keep coming back.

Thank you very much for your reply. It sounds like this is exactly what we are looking for in a cruise line! We enjoyed Royal Caribbean, but the announcements and endless lines of families and children began to wear on us at the end of our last cruise. I am looking for something a little more relaxing, quiet, and upscale. I am hoping Celebrity can provide that.

Anymore information from anyone, tips, experiences, things to do or avoid would be appreciated.

DH and I have cruised with RCCL (Voyager and Radiance class), and DH has been on a Princess cruise before.

We are beginning to think about and Alaska Cruisetour and will most likely book with Celebrity on the Millennium. I was wondering if you could give me some information about this line, what to expect, and perhaps compare it to our previous experiences on RCCL.

I have a few specific questions for those of you who have sailed on RCCL as well as Celebrity.

1. Is the aqua spa kind of like the Solarium?

2. Is the CC level balconies worth the extra money, or are we better off just booking a GTY veranda?

We love the Celebrity product, we also are very big fans of RCCL. Yes, for certain there will be less children. For us, this is a good thing, but... on our last Celebrity cruise, we did miss the activities we enjoy on RCCL. We like the food better on Celebrity but only a notch above RCCL. We sailed in a CC room and it was worth it... but only because it was a total of $113 more for 12 nights. If it were more... I would not think it is worth it. The benefits are not that big of a deal. I don't think there is a ship out there that I like better than the Radiance class. I am sailing on the Solstice in May. We'll see how that one stacks up:) I do LOVE the no announcements on Celebrity. VERY nice touch. I like Celebrity and RCCL much more than Princess.

Archived