• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Need Advice Island/Panama or Sea/Caribbean???

BalconyGal

Hi,

We are already booked on the Island however I just found out I will have some extra vacation days available around that time. I need help deciding!

We have done alot of the caribbean however nearly all of the ports on the 14 day SeaPrincess southern caribbean will be new. All of the ports for the Island Princess Panama Canal will be new. But really do we cruise solely for the ports? We don't.

What should we do!?!? Prices are similar so no issues there. I figured ask the experts. We have not been on either ship yet.

:D

Thanks!!!!

We did the 14 day cruise on the Sea a couple of years ago...and really enjoyed the Ship, crew and itinerary. If you can do the flight, I think that you will enjoy.

The other thing is that the ship will be 80% folks from the UK, which we thought was great.

We're looking forward to a 14 day Panama Canal transit on the Coral Princess next month.

We've also looked closely at the Barbados 14 day itineraries on the Sea Princess, which is one of our favorite ships. The only problem we found is that there are very few flights from the US to Barbados, usually only 1 per day from a few major US airports. This made us nervous.

On the other hand, we found that Princess markets this same cruise to the British market out of Montego Bay, Jamaica. There are many flights per day from US airports to Montego Bay, making this a perfect alternative for Americans. These cruises are shown on the Princess website, but without pricing displayed. We tried to get pricing on this itinerary, but were told it wasn't available.:(

We hope that Princess opens up this cruise roundtrip from Montego Bay to us in the near future.

DavidnSteph

Archived