• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Anyone getting married on the Carnival Miracle going out of NYC?

cece9922

We are getting married August 12th and its a Wednesday. I live in CT and I'm so worried about the travel into the city on a Wednesday morning with rush hour traffic. We are most likely renting busses to get everyone there.

We are having the reception in the piano bar and I'm not sure where they are going to do the ceremony. Oh and the wedding is in port in NYC.

I guess my questions are: have you been on the Miracle before? Are you going to take the tour before your wedding day so you know whats going on the day of?

I'm so excited and as the day gets closer I feel like I need to learn a lot more about this.

We are getting married August 12th and its a Wednesday. I live in CT and I'm so worried about the travel into the city on a Wednesday morning with rush hour traffic. We are most likely renting busses to get everyone there.

We are having the reception in the piano bar and I'm not sure where they are going to do the ceremony. Oh and the wedding is in port in NYC.

I guess my questions are: have you been on the Miracle before? Are you going to take the tour before your wedding day so you know whats going on the day of?

I'm so excited and as the day gets closer I feel like I need to learn a lot more about this.

Hi Cece,

I'm getting married aboard the Miracle in 59 days on May 8 in NYC. Our reception will be in the disco. My family lives in South Jersey and my fiance's in MD. We've chartered a bus to bring our 50 non-sailing guest from MD and NJ to NY and return them home.

I have not been on the Miracle, but I've been on her sister ship the Legend. The Legend was absolutely beautiful. I'm not aware of a tour being available of the ship prior to getting married.

I'll keep you posted with how everything goes for me.

Hi Cece,

I'm getting married aboard the Miracle in 59 days on May 8 in NYC. Our reception will be in the disco. My family lives in South Jersey and my fiance's in MD. We've chartered a bus to bring our 50 non-sailing guest from MD and NJ to NY and return them home.

I have not been on the Miracle, but I've been on her sister ship the Legend. The Legend was absolutely beautiful. I'm not aware of a tour being available of the ship prior to getting married.

I'll keep you posted with how everything goes for me.

OMG you must be so excited!! Yours is coming up so quickly!

This will be my first time cruising so I'm worried about getting sick but I'm going to talk to my doctor before I go about medication.

I can't remember where I saw the thing about touring the boat before the wedding. I will have to check that out again. But I remember it being something like having lunch there, meeting the captain and seeing where your wedding would be. I think I even spoke to Lissy about it. I think its some where around 250 for the couple to go.

Are you doing silk flowers for your bridesmaids? I have 4 bridesmaids so I went to Michaels and bought really pretty silk flowers.

Are you stressed out at all with the 50 non sailing guests? I'm trying to figure out who to invite knowing that family comes first. AHH!!

Oh one more thing what are you guys doing about seeing each other at the pier? Do you care if he sees you before the wedding?

Ok I will stop babbling now haha!

OMG you must be so excited!! Yours is coming up so quickly!

This will be my first time cruising so I'm worried about getting sick but I'm going to talk to my doctor before I go about medication.

I can't remember where I saw the thing about touring the boat before the wedding. I will have to check that out again. But I remember it being something like having lunch there, meeting the captain and seeing where your wedding would be. I think I even spoke to Lissy about it. I think its some where around 250 for the couple to go.

Are you doing silk flowers for your bridesmaids? I have 4 bridesmaids so I went to Michaels and bought really pretty silk flowers.

Are you stressed out at all with the 50 non sailing guests? I'm trying to figure out who to invite knowing that family comes first. AHH!!

Oh one more thing what are you guys doing about seeing each other at the pier? Do you care if he sees you before the wedding?

Ok I will stop babbling now haha!

Hi Cece,

I am getting really anxious. My fiance and I are going to NY tomorrow for our marriage license.

When I sailed out of NY the first time we had some rough seas the first day. I did get sea sick and had to lay down that first night. They have free medication on the ship for sea sickness at the pursers desk. I even had some delivered to the room. The key I heard is to take the pills BEFORE you get sick. After the first day it was smooth sailing.

Here's a photo tour site I found of the miracle. It's a really great sight.

http://beyondships.com/CarnivalMiracle-NewYork.html

I actually made my bouquet with silks from Michaels and my 2 bridesmaids with silks from Walmart. Their bouquets are the type you rest in you arm.

You know, I was stressed about the non sailers, but at this point I'm just like, "whatever", LOL. As long as he's there, I'm there, and my mom I'm good. The most stressful part is that apparently no one in his family or mine understand how RSVPs work. I sent the invitations and cruise information out 8 months in advance. Then a month ago, I sent a 3 page document to everyone requesting their birthdays, telling them where to be and when, gave the charter bus meeting place, etc. No response. My mother and I called everyone to get the birthdays.

As for how the invited got invited. Started with immediate family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins. My immediate family is rather large and extends to great aunts and uncles. I was at 50 rather quickly. Friends and co-workers understood once they learned I could only have 50 non sailers. Plus most assumed they would have to pay for a cruise to attend and didn't even ask.

As for seeing each other at the pier, my family is much more concerned about this than I am. My aunt and I actually argued once she learned we were traveling to the pier together. My cousins want to put a sheet up in the bus and separate us. I'm sure we'll end up together. I don't want to deal with the extra stress.

As for the cake, I purchased a cake topper from Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10097950

It's different and matches the latte dresses.

I'm attaching pictures of the flowers I arranged. The bridesmaids' still need to be cut and wrapped.

1683443240_bridalbouquet.jpg.761dfa4801c59714c96d70a6d92f64ca.jpg

947493255_bridalbouquet2.jpg.b1a997a8f1f3b732630d5cc6c98558a9.jpg

DSC00951.jpg.0157b41d9b57f93e9b01764e1edfe5e7.jpg

1638161412_closeup.jpg.c54a0fa4c7119756140215d31e050a4a.jpg

OMG your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!! They look so real! Man I hope mine come out that nice! I want to start making them soon.

Thanks for the advice about the sea sickness. I will probably take a pill once I get on the boat. I don't want to be sick on my wedding day eek!

The pics of the ship are amazing, it makes me so much more excited!

Yeah I'm pretty much feeling the same way about people coming on the boat. So many people keep changing their minds its just to the point where I'm like well as long as we are there its all that counts! I'm really hoping I don't have to chase people down to see if they are coming or not.

I'm not sure if I'm going to stress the seeing each other the day of. But it would be nice for him to see me all done up walking towards him instead of on the bus lol!

I had no idea walmart has so many wedding things thanks!! Do you plan on doing favors? and are you bringing any other decorations?

OMG your flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!! They look so real! Man I hope mine come out that nice! I want to start making them soon.

Thanks for the advice about the sea sickness. I will probably take a pill once I get on the boat. I don't want to be sick on my wedding day eek!

The pics of the ship are amazing, it makes me so much more excited!

Yeah I'm pretty much feeling the same way about people coming on the boat. So many people keep changing their minds its just to the point where I'm like well as long as we are there its all that counts! I'm really hoping I don't have to chase people down to see if they are coming or not.

I'm not sure if I'm going to stress the seeing each other the day of. But it would be nice for him to see me all done up walking towards him instead of on the bus lol!

I had no idea walmart has so many wedding things thanks!! Do you plan on doing favors? and are you bringing any other decorations?

Hey Cece,

We just got back today from a 3 night stay in New York. We picked up our marriage license. 54 days to go!!!

I've been going back and forth about favors and decided not to do them. First, it's an extra expense that I don't need. Next, if even 5 of my non sailing guests leave their favors behind, I will be upset.

Most of the favors I see, I wouldn't want myself. The best bet would be something edible, but there will be plenty of food on the ship and the last thing anyone in my family needs is chocolate. Several of our relatives have had weight loss surgery or are diabetic.

I am making tote bags for our 8 sailing guest. I purchased the bags at Target for $2.50 each and I'm filling them with beach towels and a bunch of stuff from the dollar bin at Target. My fiance is having a friend screen print them with an image of a ship and palm trees and "Carnival Miracle Wedding 5/8/2009". I'll post a pic when they're all done.

Hey Cece,

We just got back today from a 3 night stay in New York. We picked up our marriage license. 54 days to go!!!

I've been going back and forth about favors and decided not to do them. First, it's an extra expense that I don't need. Next, if even 5 of my non sailing guests leave their favors behind, I will be upset.

Most of the favors I see, I wouldn't want myself. The best bet would be something edible, but there will be plenty of food on the ship and the last thing anyone in my family needs is chocolate. Several of our relatives have had weight loss surgery or are diabetic.

I am making tote bags for our 8 sailing guest. I purchased the bags at Target for $2.50 each and I'm filling them with beach towels and a bunch of stuff from the dollar bin at Target. My fiance is having a friend screen print them with an image of a ship and palm trees and "Carnival Miracle Wedding 5/8/2009". I'll post a pic when they're all done.

You must be so excited! I can't wait to get the license because it will just feel that much more real!

Yes I agree with you on the favors I hate the idea of having people leave them behind knowing I had to carry them on the ship with me and then have to carry 50 of them back off the ship. I might just make a donation.

I have been thinking about doing the bags to put into peoples rooms I think its a great idea and it sounds like I should be running over to target tonight!!! I wanted to do something similar and have some snacks and water in them too.

Another thought popped into my head this weekend about the cake. I'm wondering if Carnival provides 'to go' containers so if any of the guests wanted to take some of the cake they could. I just hate to see it go to waste. Plus I plan on taking a big piece of it so we can shove it in the freezer and in a year torture ourselves with freezer burnt cake haha!

So I'm wondering should I just get some containers myself or would I look like a crazy lady trying to save the cake hahaha!

Oh and are you doing a trash the dress? I have a spare dress I want to do it with. I just have to talk my groom into doing it. ;)

You must be so excited! I can't wait to get the license because it will just feel that much more real!

Yes I agree with you on the favors I hate the idea of having people leave them behind knowing I had to carry them on the ship with me and then have to carry 50 of them back off the ship. I might just make a donation.

I have been thinking about doing the bags to put into peoples rooms I think its a great idea and it sounds like I should be running over to target tonight!!! I wanted to do something similar and have some snacks and water in them too.

Another thought popped into my head this weekend about the cake. I'm wondering if Carnival provides 'to go' containers so if any of the guests wanted to take some of the cake they could. I just hate to see it go to waste. Plus I plan on taking a big piece of it so we can shove it in the freezer and in a year torture ourselves with freezer burnt cake haha!

So I'm wondering should I just get some containers myself or would I look like a crazy lady trying to save the cake hahaha!

Oh and are you doing a trash the dress? I have a spare dress I want to do it with. I just have to talk my groom into doing it. ;)

I'm sure if you bring your own cake boxes they'll cut if up for your guests. If you want to save the top layer, maybe you could send it home with a family member. That's a lot of traveling though from NY to CT with cake. But if you plan ahead, perhaps you could have a cooler with ice available for the family member to drive it home and freeze for you.

Otherwise, I've heard most brides on the boards say the waiters serve the wedding cake to you and your guests during the cruise at dinner.

At first I thought people who "trash the dress" were crazy, but those pictures are really artistic and different. If you have a spare, I say go for it! My dress is being custom made by my fiance's aunt. I have another thread about my 2nd dress fitting with a picture. I have another fitting on Saturday.

Good luck with getting the fiance to do go along with it, LOL. Mine would think I'm absolutely nuts.

Oh, and I'm not bringing any other decorations except for a unity candle. At one time I was considering personalized napkins, wine flutes, cake knife, but again I'm trying to spend wisely.

I am going to do a DVD slide show of pictures of James and I and the family. Lissy said they can provide a screen for it to be played on. I guess it's on of those big portable projector type screens. That reminds me, I need to dig out some pics.

I'm also going to email Lissy now to find out if they can add a little color to the cake. I'll let you know what she says.

I'm sure if you bring your own cake boxes they'll cut if up for your guests. If you want to save the top layer, maybe you could send it home with a family member. That's a lot of traveling though from NY to CT with cake. But if you plan ahead, perhaps you could have a cooler with ice available for the family member to drive it home and freeze for you.

Otherwise, I've heard most brides on the boards say the waiters serve the wedding cake to you and your guests during the cruise at dinner.

At first I thought people who "trash the dress" were crazy, but those pictures are really artistic and different. If you have a spare, I say go for it! My dress is being custom made by my fiance's aunt. I have another thread about my 2nd dress fitting with a picture. I have another fitting on Saturday.

Good luck with getting the fiance to do go along with it, LOL. Mine would think I'm absolutely nuts.

Oh, and I'm not bringing any other decorations except for a unity candle. At one time I was considering personalized napkins, wine flutes, cake knife, but again I'm trying to spend wisely.

I am going to do a DVD slide show of pictures of James and I and the family. Lissy said they can provide a screen for it to be played on. I guess it's on of those big portable projector type screens. That reminds me, I need to dig out some pics.

I'm also going to email Lissy now to find out if they can add a little color to the cake. I'll let you know what she says.

Yeah I will probably go to a restaurant supply store and find boxes for people to take cake home. Thanks for the idea about having someone take the top half of the cake home with them. We are doing the buses too so we can just have a cooler in the bus so they can put it right in when they get off the boat.

I'm really going to have to do some serious talking to him to get him to do the pictures. His sister is a photographer but I don't think he will feel comfortable with her taking them so I would pay someone here to take the pictures at a park or something.

I think after going crazy thinking I needed the napkins, favors and extra flowers I'm going to just go the easy route and forget all that stuff. I might do the candle too and you just answered my question as to whether we had to provide it or if they did. My brothers fiance is buying us champagne glasses so I'm in the clear with those.

Yes please let me know if they can add any color to the cake. It is so stark white I feel like it needs something. I'm planning on bringing flowers to stick into it because I think it really needs a little something.

I love your picture slide show idea! I'm not that creative so I have a friend doing something similar with our wedding video which reminds me I should get pictures to him.

BTW can you give me Lissy's email address? I never got it from her.

Yeah I will probably go to a restaurant supply store and find boxes for people to take cake home. Thanks for the idea about having someone take the top half of the cake home with them. We are doing the buses too so we can just have a cooler in the bus so they can put it right in when they get off the boat.

I'm really going to have to do some serious talking to him to get him to do the pictures. His sister is a photographer but I don't think he will feel comfortable with her taking them so I would pay someone here to take the pictures at a park or something.

I think after going crazy thinking I needed the napkins, favors and extra flowers I'm going to just go the easy route and forget all that stuff. I might do the candle too and you just answered my question as to whether we had to provide it or if they did. My brothers fiance is buying us champagne glasses so I'm in the clear with those.

Yes please let me know if they can add any color to the cake. It is so stark white I feel like it needs something. I'm planning on bringing flowers to stick into it because I think it really needs a little something.

I love your picture slide show idea! I'm not that creative so I have a friend doing something similar with our wedding video which reminds me I should get pictures to him.

BTW can you give me Lissy's email address? I never got it from her.

Lissy's email is lfernandez@carnival.com

She said they can't add color to the cake and suggested using flowers. I already purchaese my topper, but I think I'll pick up some extra flowers at Michael's for the cake.

So you're doing the trash the dress at home?

Carnival actually provides you with unity candles. They have a huge standing candle stick holder that holds 3 tapers. So you don't have to bring your own. They looked kinda plain so I thought I'd bring a nice unity candle set if I find one.

As for my wedding slide show, I'm not very creative either. Hopefully I can get it all together. Your video sounds like it's going to be really nice.

Check ebay for party favor cake boxes.

Thanks for the email address.

That stinks they can't add any color. Oh well I guess flowers it is.

Hummm do you have the picture of the unity candle set they have? So its three taper candles? not one big one and two taper? Can we bring our own candles?

Yes we might have to do the trash the dress at home, although on the islands I think it would be so much prettier. We will see what the groom says haha.

Thanks for the suggestion about the cake boxes, I'm going to check that out now.

Thanks for the email address.

That stinks they can't add any color. Oh well I guess flowers it is.

Hummm do you have the picture of the unity candle set they have? So its three taper candles? not one big one and two taper? Can we bring our own candles?

Yes we might have to do the trash the dress at home, although on the islands I think it would be so much prettier. We will see what the groom says haha.

Thanks for the suggestion about the cake boxes, I'm going to check that out now.

If you search for a thread called unity candle and guestbook???? (It's from 2006) someone added a picture of the candelabra and 3 tapers they give you. Looking at it, I might just go with that. I'm not much for things sitting around and collecting dust.

Hello Cece:

congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. I happen to be sailing out of NY on the Miracle on that day. The GD will be getting married in St. Thomas on the 16th. Here's hoping you sail on to happiness.

Beth

If you search for a thread called unity candle and guestbook???? (It's from 2006) someone added a picture of the candelabra and 3 tapers they give you. Looking at it, I might just go with that. I'm not much for things sitting around and collecting dust.

I tried to find the search option on the main page but couldn't find it. Can you cut and paste the pic into this thread? :confused:

Oh I found it! I don't know if I like their candelabra to much though. I'm going to have to see what else I can do.

yeah...it's not that great.

Well now that you learned to search, it's an awesome feature.

Search for the:

Official Cruise Wedding Picture Thread

There are tons of links posted by brides of their cruise weddings. In some I've seen other pictures of the candelabra.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so excited for both of you girls on your forthcoming wedding aboard the Miracle. CeCe, I will be missing your wedding by one cruise....we are sailing on August 20th. LOL

I love this ship, as you will. I wish you both the best of luck and hope you have a smooth sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting married on the Miracle out of NY too!!! July 19th!!! I'm soooo excited! I hope one of you shares pictures or a review on cruise critic!! Congratulations to both of you!! Have a wonderful wedding/cruise!!!

Archived