• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Meals on Solstice Mar 1 sailing

djaaay

Just wanted to make a few comments about the meals on Solstice while I have a few minutes...will try to post more later.

Our first dinner was at Tuscany Grill...what a beautiful room, great service...we had a table at the window and though it was already dark at 8:30, we had a beautiful view of the wake...very romantic! There is good and bad news....the appetizers: we thought the crab casserole rather fishy and the steak tartare was fresh and tasty although already made up in the kitchen and not put together at table....the cioppino 2nd course was great, DH had a nice salad....his ribeye was very good but the filet did not have much taste...I asked for a side serving of spaghetti and it was very nice.... desserts are weak throughout ship with a few exceptions such as the creme burlee, and apple tart.

We had dinner at Murano and thought it perfect...I had Dover Sole and DH had a Lobster pasta dish...yum...beautiful restaurant and great service.

We would have been happy to stay in the Main Dining Room...it was that good for us every night....Really good service in all areas.....we had one of the few great two tops #129. BTW, the short ribs with polenta was a particular standout! great bread basket that would not empty...

ps .....soups were rated very strong by us throughout the ship!

We had early lunch at Bistro on 5 and thought it good with room for improvement....closes at 12:30 /// we had the spicy shredded beef and the buffalo chicken crepe and felt they could both benefit from some grilled veggies in them.

Martini bar is most fun....had Lemon Sorbet martini which was made with Citron Vodka and Limoncella...not very sweet and very potent and yummy!

that's all for now, Donna

Just wanted to make a few comments about the meals on Solstice while I have a few minutes...will try to post more later.

Our first dinner was at Tuscany Grill...what a beautiful room, great service...we had a table at the window and though it was already dark at 8:30, we had a beautiful view of the wake...very romantic! There is good and bad news....the appetizers: we thought the crab casserole rather fishy and the steak tartare was fresh and tasty although already made up in the kitchen and not put together at table....the cioppino 2nd course was great, DH had a nice salad....his ribeye was very good but the filet did not have much taste...I asked for a side serving of spaghetti and it was very nice.... desserts are weak throughout ship with a few exceptions such as the creme burlee, and apple tart.

We had dinner at Murano and thought it perfect...I had Dover Sole and DH had a Lobster pasta dish...yum...beautiful restaurant and great service.

We would have been happy to stay in the Main Dining Room...it was that good for us every night....Really good service in all areas.....we had one of the few great two tops #129. BTW, the short ribs with polenta was a particular standout! great bread basket that would not empty...

ps .....soups were rated very strong by us throughout the ship!

We had early lunch at Bistro on 5 and thought it good with room for improvement....closes at 12:30 /// we had the spicy shredded beef and the buffalo chicken crepe and felt they could both benefit from some grilled veggies in them.

Martini bar is most fun....had Lemon Sorbet martini which was made with Citron Vodka and Limoncella...not very sweet and very potent and yummy!

that's all for now, Donna

This board always makes me thirsty

Does anybody know how much the additional charges are for each of the restaurants on Solstice?

Hi Kt !

Murano is 30.00 PP

Tuscan Grille is 25.00 PP

Silk Harvest is 20.00 PP

the OP made one mistake the Bistro on 5 closes at 1230 am. not sure how early it opens but both the coffee bar and the bistro do brekafast.

i loved the steak tartare-had it twice.

next year staying with SH and the French place as SH i will be there a lot.

...............We would have been happy to stay in the Main Dining Room...it was that good for us every night....Really good service in all areas.....

We ate in the main dining room twice (Formal Nights) I was a bit disappointed in the service, It has been our experience that the assistant waiter takes care of beverages, on both evenings I could not tell you who our asst waiter was, it was the sommelier who eventually got our beverages which were not alcoholic took 30 minutes on last formal night to get something other than water to drink.

We ate in the main dining room twice (Formal Nights) I was a bit disappointed in the service, It has been our experience that the assistant waiter takes care of beverages, on both evenings I could not tell you who our asst waiter was, it was the sommelier who eventually got our beverages which were not alcoholic took 30 minutes on last formal night to get something other than water to drink.

Problem being you were not there enough to know who he was by sight to get him to have something you like there.

My rule is talk to them the first night there. Tell them what you like - tell them if you will be at specialty resturant any evening. So they know and plan ahead - it works both ways.

Problem being you were not there enough to know who he was by sight to get him to have something you like there.

My rule is talk to them the first night there. Tell them what you like - tell them if you will be at specialty resturant any evening. So they know and plan ahead - it works both ways.

Excellent point!

Archived