• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Changing cabins??

sitter

Has anyone ever changed their cabin before the cruise?

I keep checking online, & there is a better location that I would prefer. Same price....

Should I just call them...I have already recieved my Welcome Booklet with luggage tags....

People on here do it all the time. If you see something you like better there is usually no problem changing, both within your category and if you see a price drop often you can upgrade either for free or by paying the difference.

For those of us who prefer being at the back end (aft) of the ship, where you can see forever, where there's less foot traffic, where you can smell the fresh bread being baked, where you're out of the wind no matter where you're headed, yes, aft is better!!!!! Much better. And those cabins generally book early.

One thing folks should be aware of, switching categories will most likely cause a loss in the promotion you received at booking. I say "most likely" because I've read cases where folks have been able to keep theirs. Whatever promotion is going on at the time of the change will be applied.

As seen in the above posts, loss in promotion does not happen in the case of moving within the same category.

This was a hard pill for us to swallow, but when we learned that a certain cabin had some great features, we really wanted it, so we ultimately lost $200 OBC and paid an additional $100 for the upgrade .

One thing folks should be aware of, switching categories will most likely cause a loss in the promotion you received at booking. I say "most likely" because I've read cases where folks have been able to keep theirs. Whatever promotion is going on at the time of the change will be applied.

As seen in the above posts, loss in promotion does not happen in the case of moving within the same category.

This was a hard pill for us to swallow, but when we learned that a certain cabin had some great features, we really wanted it, so we ultimately lost $200 OBC and paid an additional $100 for the upgrade .

Luckily we were already in 2 BA's so no loss of OBC to switch to 2 AFT BA's. Our other cabin, a "G" has gone down in price but losing the OBC kills the deal.

Luckily we were already in 2 BA's so no loss of OBC to switch to 2 AFT BA's. Our other cabin, a "G" has gone down in price but losing the OBC kills the deal.

That was a great catch! Two AFT's.. How awesome.

I use the NCL site because after you choose a category, you can enter cabin numbers to see if they are available!;):)

This is same way I found the two AFTS. They didn't show up on any of the other sites I checked but when I entered their numbers at the NCL site they were available. Of course it had to be late Thursday night and I had to wait until my TA was in at 9 am Friday morning to actually book them. Both cabins we switched out of showed up on all sites almost immediately after the switch. So take advantage of manually checking for cabins that don't show up as the first picks.

When she sent me my changed cabins confirmation....our OBC promotion still showed up!

Congratulations! Had you originally booked during the current promotion or last year's big OBC promotion?

Archived