• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

3 days in seward vs 3 days in homer/kenai

chrisinroch

My brother has found a great place right on the water outside of seward. I was originally planning on spending that same time (prior to a cruise from seward) in or near Homer.

We plan on doing some water activities, wildlife viewing and just enjoying the natural beauty. We will have a car.

So, base out of Seward vs Homer or similar?

Advantages/disadvantages??

Such a hard one. We've stayed in both and love both Seward and Homer. I ended up asking my husband and his take, and then mine.

He ended up saying Seward because of the varied activities including Kenai Fjords cruises.

Here's what helped me make the final decision for me: There are more options in Seward including of course the Kenai Fjords cruise (a must in my opinion); a trip to Exit Glacier; a fun time out at Seavys on the dog cart rides; and kayaking. Now the read deal breaker: More options using discount savings such as the Toursaver book and Northern Lights!

With all that said, I really did enjoy Homer and glad we made it there. We spent two nights which is barely enough time in my opinion. Homer is a really neat place and actually has more 'character' than Seward; but my vote still goes to Seward!

If these are full days with no transits, you could do both??? With your "wildlife" priority, that is Seward, for varied wildlife, easily gotten to. Out of Homer, there are some fantantic fly in bear viewing tour options.

I suggest you look at visitor guides, and head to your library and find out WHICH area is of the most interest to you?? And what activities available for your interests. Both certainly very worthwhile interesting areas.

Boy.....that's a hard one...............we love both places. Don't neglect the fantastic aquarium in Seward..............and you can spend quite a bit of time at Exit Glacier.

I found Ballaine House B and B on this site and it was the BEST..........she does anything and everything for her clients...........provides coupons and she even loaned her car to us..................but, you share bathrooms.

Guess I'm talking only of Seward here. Sorry, but we didn't get to Homer last time, just Seward and it's Seward again this year.

You'll love the one you choose; don't fret.:p

Archived