• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Tender schedule in an overnight port??

firstplacechef

With X, do the tenders run all night in an overnight port? We have a 3am excursion in Maui next week on Mercury and I just got a call from the tour operator and she said I will have to stay on shore all night to be able to do the tour, is this correct?

Has anyone recently done an overnight in Maui and do you know if they ran the tenders all night. I posted this on the Hawaii message board several months ago and did not get a response. I need to confirm or cancel my tour by Saturday, Thanks!

In October, we were on the Millennium anchored in Lahaina. Tenders ran all night -- leaving the shore hourly on the hour and leaving the ship hourly on the half hour. I assume you're doing Haleakala for sunrise. If you are, dress warm -- the temperature on the mountain was 25 degrees cooler on the mountain than at sea level. Remember to take flashlights if your tour doesn't provide them; it is difficult to see without them before sunrise.

Hi First Chef -Jim & Alison from our group. We only did one day in Maui last year, but the year before on the Serenade of the Seas the tenders ran all night, hourly.

The only safe answer is to ask when we're on board.

We look forward to meeting you on Sunday!

Aloha

Thanks everyone. That is the way it has been done in the past. It just threw me when the tour operator called me today. She just wanted to be sure we were on the island in time. Guess if they do stop them sometime during the evening we can just be sure to get the last one before they stop.

Archived