• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity summit

devonport

There will be a younger crowd than on QM2 and less of a class-warfare style of cruising. The service should be comparable, in my opinion. Princess is hard to answer because they have such a variety of ships, raning from the 750-person ships up to 3,400-person ships. For example, Celebrity and Princess have an identical ship from when Renaissance ceased operations. Princess uses it in its regular fleet, but Celebrity uses it as part of its pseudo-luxury line (Azamara (the Journey/Quest)). That being said, however, I truly enjoy how the larger Princess ships have many smaller, more intimate rooms because it's harder to tell that your on a massive ship. I also love the aft, adults-only pools on the larger Princess ships. One of things I like least about Celebrity is the location and layout of the pools: mid-ship, closed-in. Celebrity's food used to be better than Princess', but I think they're quite comparable. Princess' desserts are far superior (still). Service on Celebrity is better, in my opinion. Princess usually has better deals (especially for loyal customers). Celebrity's ships are also older and somewhat outdated in comparison to Princess', but sometimes the age is nice because the designs are more classic and less flashy. Princess' ships are by no means flashy, however. Both have identical (and, in my opinion, uncomfortable mattresses). Most of the Princess bathrooms have awful quarter-circle showers (the minisuites do not). Celebrity often has larger shower areas. Princess, in my opinion, has better entertainment. It's all a personal preference, I suppose, but I see few differences among the standard lines (of which Cunard is not one really, or at least thats what the what you to think). If you have any specific questions, I'm sure people would be able to help you more.

Archived