• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Favorite room service item

What is the best thing that room service offers? The favorite food item that you look forward to ordering each voyage?

(Sorry...the idea for this thread was blatently stolen from another board.)

-maryann

After an excursion we are usually hungry but don't want to eat much before dinner. We order the fruit and cheese plate and apple juice. They bring it with wine glasses and it is a nice something as we are dressing or resting before dinner

Our 2 Pots of Hot Coffee...

OJ

Danishes

Fruit

I know I am on a cruise when I hear the phone ring to let me know our order is on it way..:D

The same for us we just love to sit on the balcony with our continental breakfast that is a great way to start the day. It is the only thing we have ever ordered from room service.

Jo

Our 2 Pots of Hot Coffee...

OJ

Danishes

Fruit

I know I am on a cruise when I hear the phone ring to let me know our order is on it way..:D

Ditto! This little luxury is only alarm clock we use ;)

I'm sorry if this is a silly question... but, is room service included, or an additional charge? Thank you!

It is included. Just recently they started with a service fee during the wee hours of the night midnight to 5AM but all other times it's included.

Thanks all for your replies, I haven't cruised Royal in 3 yrs and honestly forgot. I always love the pastry and coffee on the balcony,and I have an aft on my next RC cruise (first aft) so I'm really excited. The bedtime cookies and milk sound so comforting. I'll try the salmon sandwich thing as well...ok, who am I trying to fool here, I will try it all. We always do late dining and I love to have an after nap snack before dinner.

Room service is one of my favorite parts of cruising, wish that my family provided this service for me at home!

I love the chili chorizo dip and also the pepperoni pizza is great. Although (regular hours) room service is free, it's always nice to tip the server a couple of bucks. It's worth the $2-$3 tip to have it brought to your cabin.

Marlene

Here's a question that will show that I've never ordered room service..

IS there a full menu of everything that can be ordered through room service, or are there things you can get, but you have to ask specifically for them? Is it a very small menu?

Here's a question that will show that I've never ordered room service..

IS there a full menu of everything that can be ordered through room service, or are there things you can get, but you have to ask specifically for them? Is it a very small menu?

Here is the standard room service menu. There is also a breakfast menu that does include some hot items such as eggs, bacon and sausage. You can also order certain items from the dining room menu. Those items will be listed on your in cabin TV each day.

PB190092.jpg

Here is the standard room service menu. There is also a breakfast menu that does include some hot items such as eggs, bacon and sausage. You can also order certain items from the dining room menu. Those items will be listed on your in cabin TV each day.

PB190092.jpg

Thanks for posting the room service menu. That helps tremendously! :)

Archived