~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

To all the cruise-loving WeightWatchers members out there, please join us on this thread to support eachother and discuss our progress, insights, tips, frustrations and successes on our weight loss journeys.

This is a continuation of the prior thread titled “waitwatcher”.

If you care to share your stats, on your normal weekly weigh-in day post your stats as follows:

SW: (starting weight)

CW: (current weight

GW: (goal weight)

I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Lisa, I'm a 40-yr-old mom of two elementary-aged boys. I was thin all my life but after my first child was born in 2000 I stopped exercising and never lost the last 20+ pregnancy pounds. I finally reached my rock-bottom in late 2008 when my weight hit 172 pounds (vs 140 pre-babies) and decided I needed to change my lifestyle.

I joined WeightWatchers online on January 1st at 168 lbs and I've since lost 15.5 pounds by sticking to my points and exercising 5-6 times per week. I've been really pleased with the WW plan; I don't feel hungry or deprived and I feel like I have the tools to maintain my weight when I reach my goal.

I love to travel and to cruise. Our next cruise is in July and I have a beach vacation coming up in late May. I'm not looking to wear a bikini, just to feel comfortable in my bathing suit and shorts.

I'm looking forward to chatting with other WeightWatchers and supporting eachother on this journey!

Lisa

PS--my weigh-in day is Thursday

Hi Lisa, my name is Mary, thanks for starting this thread! I am 53 yo grandmother of 3 and I have been on the WW Online program since February 2008. Like you, I hit rock bottom, or should I say an all time high weight of 236 about three years ago. I began exercising and watching what I ate to try and look good for my son's wedding. I did lose about 30 lbs. for that and then I decided to quit smoking. Gained back about 20 lbs. that's when I decided to begin WW.

It's now been a year since joining, I've been smoke free for 16 months and have lost 43 lbs. since I started WW. My WI is on Friday's, that was today, and I didn't lose or gain this week. Here are my stats:

SW - 236

CW - 176

Goal - 140

Hi Lisa....I'm here..Background: Female, 61 years old, 32 pounds over weight. Started WW Feb. 4th and have lost 12 pounds so far!! I'm a retired Realtor and moved from Chicago to South East Alabama. Love the warm weather, but I look so much better in shapeless sweaters and sweat pants! I live in an area of Historical Homes and everybody walks and looks so in shape, that I decided to fit in and join the group! Hence WW's! I find it mostly easy but I am a candy-holic and perpetual snacker and Italian, so it is hard sometimes!! Need this support!

Judi

thanks for starting the new thread lisa...ok my background info:

my name is tiffany...but everyone calls me tiff, i am 29...one more year until the big 3-0! haha...so for now i tell people i'm 20+9 haha... i was born in hollywood, ca (on sunset blvd haha...seriously!) i now live in long beach, ca. i just started WW this year 2/21/09 w/my boyfriend, his frat brother and his wife (also my BFF :p) so we are going on this cruise in august and really trying to get down to the 120's...here are my stats:

height: 5'3"

weigh in day: saturday

SW: 168.4

CW: 162.0

GW: 125 (or anything below :D)

Mary---welcome, glad you are joining us. I'm so impressed with your stats! To lose 40+ pounds and quit smoking at the same time is amazing and inspiring, great job!!

Judi & Tiff -- glad you made it over here to the new thread!

Here are my stats from yesterday's weigh-in (down 0.5 lbs from last week)

SW: 168.0

CW: 152.5

GW: 145.0

I'm off to watch the movie "Milk" on DVD with my DH. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend,

Lisa

congrats on the weight loss lisa!! at last week's weigh in i was discouraged by my loss of .4 but my mom always makes me feel good...she says 1lb loss is 4 sticks of butter...so she's like your .4 loss is 1stick of butter haha!! anywho...congrats!! your almost to your goal :)!!

...oh yea...pls tell me how milk was, thinking about ordering on cable

Hello all! My name is Tonya, I am 39, 5' 7", and I am an Animal Control Officer. I have been heavy my whole life, but it has gotten completely out of hand the last few years. I have been married for 9 years, and don't have kids. I have been doing WW for about 1 year now, started on 02-26-08. Here are my stats: You can see I've got a bit more to go!

SW: 368.2

CW: 270

GW: 155

Total weight loss so far is 98.2 pounds, but I have so far to go! I look forward to chatting with everyone here.

My name is Cathy and I'm a 53 year old step mom of 3 now grown men, although two of us still live with us. I lost a lot of weight 30 years ago was in the 120's for years and about 5 years ago put on 30+ pounds. I'm now about 138 but would like to lose the last 10 or so. I've been sick the last couple of days so haven't weighed in and probably won't because whatever I've lost will be water. My husband is retired, but I'm still working in NYC. I can retire in July 2010 but that will depend on the economy. Look forward to chatting with you ladies...

Hi, I'm another who has been kinda chubby all my life. Lost 40 lbs after college and kept at about 125 for a long time. Then kids and life and I was up to 170. Lost about 25 at WW years ago and every winter I seem to gain 10-15 and have to fight to lose it to fit into my summer clothes! Did it again this year. I am 5'2 and and all the extra is in my belly...grrrrrrrrrrr. Back on WW last week and my weigh in day is Wed and I lost 4.2 the first week. Now I know the progress will probably be slower...

SW:160

CW: 155

GW:135

I do go to meetings and they are not too great but I find that the act of actually going in and weighing in is what helps me the most. Good luck everyone!

Mary Ann

Fellow weight watcher cruisers...Some ships offer a low fat selection in the dining room. On Carnival it is called Carnival Spa menu. I usually try to eat off of that seclection and splurge on dessert. all the food I have had on 6 cruises have been delicious. :p

Tonya! you are awesome as are the rest of you all here!

Mag, hope your pot luck went well. We have all got a great support here as well as through WW. We can do this!

Cate, I was hoping to retire in 2011, doesn't look too promissing at the moment, who knows....miracles can happen.

Mary

your .4 loss is 1stick of butter haha!! anywho...congrats!! your almost to your goal :)!!

...oh yea...pls tell me how milk was, thinking about ordering on cable

Thanks, Tiff. I'm gonna keep that image in my mind of the stick of butter that is no longer sitting on my hips :)

"Milk" was really good. I've always loved Sean Penn and will watch him in anything. He definitely deserved the Oscar he won for this role.

Lisa

Tonya, MaryAnn, Cathy, Dori -- I'm glad you are all joining us!

I'm heading to a family party today so I'm going to have a hard time staying on plan. My sister-in-law makes the most yummy appetizers. I love chips and dips and other salty foods. I don't have a sweet tooth so I won't be tempted by the cake but the queso dip mixed with chili is going to be tough to resist.

Lisa

Fellow weight watcher cruisers...Some ships offer a low fat selection in the dining room. On Carnival it is called Carnival Spa menu. I usually try to eat off of that seclection and splurge on dessert. all the food I have had on 6 cruises have been delicious. :p

Our next cruise is on Carnival so I'll definitely be trying this menu. I think one of the "spa" items is grilled salmon which you can order any night of the week. As long as I don't have to cook it or wash dishes I could happily eat grilled salmon every night of the cruise! :D

Hello all! I'm so proud of myself, I went to a party last night that was catered by WONDERFUL cook and I did not overindulge. I kept telling myself, "I've tasted that before...I don't need any now" Nothing to drink...don't want to waste points on booze!! and only three small pieces of cake!! The great thing about the south is all these parties are finger foods, so they are very small (to be eaten with tooth picks) and I stayed away from the fried stuff (except water chestnuts wrapped in bacon) ( figured one point each) had three! Anyway, I figured I didn't go hog wild and I'm happy. Everybody noticed the weight loss too. My face must be thinner. That means more jowls and a face lift in my future? How do I exercise my face?? Anyway on my last cruise (January), I only gained four pounds, and that was pre WW so I figure that wasn't so bad! I will look and see if the Spa menu has anything to my liking, but I also figure I'm on vacation and how much damage can one week (my next one is actually 8 days) make. By the time I cruise, I will be a more knowledgeable eater and as long as I think of it as a vacation and not the last time I will ever taste food, I think I will be okay!

Judi

Thanks, Tiff. I'm gonna keep that image in my mind of the stick of butter that is no longer sitting on my hips :)

"Milk" was really good. I've always loved Sean Penn and will watch him in anything. He definitely deserved the Oscar he won for this role.

Lisa

oh good...i'll order it then, i love sean penn also...great actor!!

ok so yesterday was weigh in day...woohoo loss of 2.2lbs!! very excited about that...here are my "updated" stats:

SW: 167.4

CW: 159.8

GW: 125 OR LESS :D

i hope all of you are having a very happy weekend so far....i found the best cereal EVER mmmm...its only 1pt for every 3/4 cup, its called Kashi Honey Sunshine...OMG, its so freakin' good...reminds me of captain crunch haha!! so for breakfast i have 2pts worth of cereal and 4oz of 1% milk (which is 1.5 pts) total of 3.5pt breakfast!! very filling and 6g of fiber...since i only get 24pts a day i try to stretch mine as much as possible lol....let me know if any of you try it!!

Hello all! I'm so proud of myself, I went to a party last night that was catered by WONDERFUL cook and I did not overindulge. I kept telling myself, "I've tasted that before...I don't need any now" Nothing to drink...don't want to waste points on booze!! and only three small pieces of cake!! The great thing about the south is all these parties are finger foods, so they are very small (to be eaten with tooth picks) and I stayed away from the fried stuff (except water chestnuts wrapped in bacon) ( figured one point each) had three! Anyway, I figured I didn't go hog wild and I'm happy. Everybody noticed the weight loss too. My face must be thinner. That means more jowls and a face lift in my future? How do I exercise my face?? Anyway on my last cruise (January), I only gained four pounds, and that was pre WW so I figure that wasn't so bad! I will look and see if the Spa menu has anything to my liking, but I also figure I'm on vacation and how much damage can one week (my next one is actually 8 days) make. By the time I cruise, I will be a more knowledgeable eater and as long as I think of it as a vacation and not the last time I will ever taste food, I think I will be okay!

Judi

good job judi!! yes parties are soooo hard!! but you held your ground lol!! and the only exercise i know for the face is to smile extreamly big...over do it....then take your mouth and make an "O" shape with your mouth...hard to explain but basically you smile so hard you can feel the muscles in your neck and lower jaw get really tight, then do the "O" thing with your mouth so you can work on the upper jaw....i learned this on the View a couple of years back lol...hope it works!!

Yay Tiff for 2.2! I hope I do that good this week on Wed. And Judi I am glad you stayed on track at the party. I know it is really hard with all the good food there. I also did well at my potluck...my DF was there and she is also on WW so we talked and hung in there together. I drank my diet ginger ale and water and stayed away from the food and worked the room and visited with all my friends. It was fun.

STAY STRONG AND HOLD IT TOGETHER...it is worth it!

Remember ladies, nothings tastes as good as thin feels! ;)

One of my team members finished her first week on WW and lost 5.5 lbs her first week. She thanked me and I told her I had nothing to do with it, she is the one that did all the work and stuck with it! I really hope she keeps at it.

I had another NSV last week when I wen to the Dr. My BP was 110/70.....wow!

Great job Judy and MaryAnn on staying strong at the parties! I was pretty good at my get-together yesterday...stuck to hummus and yogurt dip and only drank diet Coke.

Congrats, Tiff on 2.2 lbs lost, awesome!! I wonder why you get 24 points and I only get 20?! I started out with 21 when I was 168 lbs and it dropped down to 20 when I crossed the 160-lb mark. I wonder if it's because you're 10 years younger than me. Now I'm really curious, how many points does everyone else get?

Lisa

Good morning ladies!

I just went to 21 pts. I believe with the online program they are calculated depending on age and activity level during the day. I have a pretty sedentary job so I have to really work on AP's to lose. Here's to anothe OP day for everyone.:)

Archived