~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

good morning ladies....soooo last night my boyfriend, bff and her hubby worked out last night, i actually did 1.5 hr of cardio, i'm proud of myself i at MOST do only 45 min lol!! but i'm on a mission...lol, can't let any slack time get in :p!

mag....they have DIET ginger ale?? i've never seen this..and i LOVE ginger ale!! mmmmmm....i'll have to keep a look out for it now :) ok as for why i get 24pts...well here is my breakdown:

female: 2pts

height: 1pt

weight: 16pts (but now its 15...but on the WW site it still puts me at 24pts...maybe b/c i'm still so close to the 160's :confused:)

spend most of my day: sitting and standing 2pts (i work two jobs...by day i'm a social worker, not standing to much...by night i'm a CSA at the airlines so i'm mostly standing)

total of 24pts :)

hope all of you are having a happy monday!!

Hi, may I please join?

My name is Cassie, and I recommitted myself to WW. So far I have lost 25 pounds. I would to lose 10 pounds before my trip next month.

Today I did my first Zumba dvd. Has anyone tried it? I enjoyed myself...

SW: 189

CW: 164

GW: 140

Hi, may I please join?

My name is Cassie, and I recommitted myself to WW. So far I have lost 25 pounds. I would to lose 10 pounds before my trip next month.

Today I did my first Zumba dvd. Has anyone tried it? I enjoyed myself...

SW: 189

CW: 164

hi cassie!!

WELCOME!! wow your stats are great!! i can't wait until i reach that milestone....woohoo!

I've been a member of W/W on and off for about 25years, loosing a few lbs then gaining them all back again +++++++ I noticed everyone was from the US, i hope you'll let me join you all.....i'm from England. Last year i rejoined W/W and lost about 40lb, went away at Christmas and have found it really difficult to get motivated again, i went back to class 2weeks ago and had gained almost half of what i had lost last year. I'm now back on track and last week lost 6lb and weigh in is tomorrow so hoping for more lbs lost. I'm 55yrs, married for 37yrs with 3 grown up kids and in April hubby and i are going on our first cruise ever. Looking forward to all that food but don't want to gain too many lbs!!!!!! Jane from Bedford UK

Welcome Jane! What cruise are you taking? My cruise is also in April.Mary- the Zumba DVD was pretty good. Glad I decided on the DVD and not a class as I would be embarrassed to dance like that in front of other people. I'm a shy gal!How is everyone doing today?

Cassie and Jane, welcome, the more the merrier! Please tell us about the trips you're going on next month...I have to live vicariously through others for a while!

And Jane, it's nice to have some international flavor. I'll imagine your posts with a nice British accent ;) I was in London several years ago and loved it. I hope to go back with my kids some day soon now that the exchange rate is a bit better.

I'm sitting here at work eating my WW Smart Ones Ravioli Florentine for lunch. It's pretty yummy; I think they've really done a good job with their frozen meals (all though the sodium is really high like most prepared foods.)

Lisa

good morning all!!

yes its still morning here in sunny cali :p this morning i had a fiber one chocolate and oatmeal bar (2pts) its so yummy....its like i'm cheating for breakfast haha! anywho....glad to see so many people joining the post...now we are int'l woohoo!! and i LOVE the WW smartones and also the lean cusine!! they are such life saves during the week...since i work two jobs, my boyfriend and i get home really late so we just pop them in....plus it gives us lots of flavor choices, never gets boring. as for the sodium, yes i've heard its bad...but i drink a ton of water, so not sure if that helps the sodium but in my mind i've convinced myself that it flushes all the salt out :D

so i'm pretty proud of myself, i put on a pair of pants i couldn't fit about a month ago...and VOILA they fit!!! TTLBJ!! (thank the lord baby jesus) haha....anywho i hope all of you are having a fantastic tuesday!!

good morning all!!

yes its still morning here in sunny cali :p this morning i had a fiber one chocolate and oatmeal bar (2pts) its so yummy....its like i'm cheating for breakfast haha! anywho....glad to see so many people joining the post...now we are int'l woohoo!! and i LOVE the WW smartones and also the lean cusine!! they are such life saves during the week...since i work two jobs, my boyfriend and i get home really late so we just pop them in....plus it gives us lots of flavor choices, never gets boring. as for the sodium, yes i've heard its bad...but i drink a ton of water, so not sure if that helps the sodium but in my mind i've convinced myself that it flushes all the salt out :D

so i'm pretty proud of myself, i put on a pair of pants i couldn't fit about a month ago...and VOILA they fit!!! TTLBJ!! (thank the lord baby jesus) haha....anywho i hope all of you are having a fantastic tuesday!!

LOL you are really funny and just made me laugh out loud for real! I love it...TTLBJ...I am going to start using that one!

Welcome to all you ladies. What's a Zumba...I'm gonna look it up for sure. Got home early and cooking a turkey...but OMG I have to imagine that the stuffing (on my list of top 10 foods) has ants crawling in it...I read to do that in a diet book. I also like the WW and LC meals...I usually have them at work for lunch a couple times a week.

Keep it up ladies, especially with the exercise...I hate it! But we are finally having some better weather days here in MA so I can walk. Live across the street from a nice lake and my DF and I do the "around the lake" walk...about 4 miles. Try to do at least 4x per week, even though one of us usually has to drag the other! My weigh in is tomorrow...I am keeping my fingers crossed! I hope I will be saying TTLBJ!

Hope you all have a good day!

Thanks for the nice welcome. We are sailing on Ocean Village, a casual cruise so no dressing up. We fly from London to Barbados on 21st April to pick up the ship then St Lucia, Dominca and St Marteen[my 56th birthday] then transatlantic to Maderia, Cadiz[spain] then Majorca. We then get a weeks cruise calling at Tunis, Rome, France, Italy and Spain returning to the UK on 12th May. Starting to get excited now, trying to choose shore excursions but having to be selective as some are expensive. Might not go ashore at every stop, just relax on board and use the facilities. I also have a problem with my weight either loosing or gaining, never seem to be able to stay the same!!!!! It's W/W tomorrow, hoping for another loss. Jane ;)

Thought I would jump in, if you don't mind.

I've been heavy all my life (but now on Facebook I see pictures of myself from high school and I look like a normal person -- why did my parents always comment about my weight? Just because I wasn't a gangly teen??). So in four years in college I gained probably 30 pounds over my high school weight. Between college and getting married (a five year span) I put on something like 30 pounds. And since getting married nearly ten years ago I've put on another 30-35 pounds. Enough!

I have never really been on a weight loss plan -- I was always afraid of yo-yo dieting I didn't bother with that initial downward yo! :D And in recent years I was also worried about trading one obsession (food) for another (becoming a weight-loss freak).

The last few years I've started to change my thinking and realize I really did want to change my overeating and lack of exercise. In January, my job's insurance added WW as a free benefit, so now I participate in a weekly at-work meeting. We have a good group.

Our first weigh-in was 1/22/09 (11 days after I turned 37) and I clocked in at the highest weight I'd ever seen on me: 246.2. :eek: Since then, I've lost 13 pounds (finally got my first 5% last week!).

My husband, who started out as a skinny mini when I met him in the 1990s (a gangly 6'2", 175-ish lbs.) estimated he was 235 in January. He's not going to WW meetings, but has been mirroring the plan with me. He's lost about 18 lbs so far -- and is looking great.

I have a phobia of fake fats & sugars, so we're not changing what we eat, just how much we eat. It's really good, too... I feel like we're actually learning true portion control this way, and that was our worst issue.

So that's my story! Nice to meet all of you -- your progress and attitudes are amazing!

SW: 246.2

CW: 233.2

GW: 154

Welcome Lani and Jane!

Don't you just hate it when the guys lose so much more and faster?!!:(

Looks like we have a really good group going here, it's amazing how many of us are WW participants.

What is your favorite WW recepie? I love the Tuna Noodle one, I make it with whole wheat noodles and it's great.

That is fantastic, Barkingmad! Way to go!

As for recipes, my favorite one is the WW Taco Soup. It's basically a turkey chili. So easy, so filling and only 2 points per cup. And it's a very satisfying one-cup serving. But, at that low point total, I can usually "afford" to sprinkle the top with some cheese, or maybe even have 1.5 cups! :p

I don't know the Tuna one, mycruz -- could you share the recipe? DH loves tuna noodle --- well, any casserole, really, but does adore tuna noodle.

thanks!

good morning beautiful ladies of WW :p...

glad to hear all this good news this morning!! great job jane on the 2lb loss...wooooohoooo banana.gif that deserves a dance!! haha...and your SO int'l lol....i LOVE your iteneary!! wow....someday i'll travel like that :)!! lani...that soup sounds so yummy...i have a version of taco soup, but w/no turkey....and its only 1pt per cup, i'll look for the recipe and share later! mary...that tuna noodles sounds sooooo good, please, pretty please haha share the recipe!! i always look for new things to cook...i don't have the time during the week, but weekends i like trying out new things.

yesterday was a good day...i stayed OP, and thats whats importan!! hope all of you have a great "hump" day!!

ok i found the recipe for the taco soup...here ya go, hope someone makes it...very good!! my mom gave this to me :D

TACO SOUP

1 whole onion chopped, and sauted in about 2 tsp of olive oil.

Add:

1 - 14 oz. can FF chicken broth (Fat Free)

1 - 16 oz. can FF refried beans (Fat Free)

1 - 15 oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)

1 - 15 oz. can black beans

1 - 15 oz. can white beans

1 - 14 oz. can diced tomatoes

1 - 10oz. can Ro-Tel tomatoes (I bought the Extra Hot…it gave it a lot of “kick” It you don’t like hot, get the regular)

1 pkg Taco Seasoning

Mix all the above items and bring to a boil for 1 min., simmer and cook approx. 40-45 min. stirring occasionally.

* Note: you only drain the can of corn

PrincessTiff, this is similar to my Taco soup recipe. DH loves the one we make -- the turkey makes it very meaty, it really is just like regular chili to us.

WW Taco Soup

• 1 lb. ground turkey or lean beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
  • 1 (16 oz) can chili beans (either hot or regular)
  • 1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
  • 1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes
  • 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

Directions

1. Brown meat & onions and drain.
  2. Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
  3. Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture. Be sure you do NOT drain any of the canned goods before adding.
  4. Simmer 1 hour.

2 Weight Watchers points per cup.

PrincessTiff, this is similar to my Taco soup recipe. DH loves the one we make -- the turkey makes it very meaty, it really is just like regular chili to us.

WW Taco Soup

• 1 lb. ground turkey or lean beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
  • 1 (16 oz) can chili beans (either hot or regular)
  • 1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
  • 1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes
  • 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)

Directions

1. Brown meat & onions and drain.
  2. Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
  3. Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.
  4. Simmer 1 hour.

2 Weight Watchers points per cup.

mmm...that sounds soooo good!! i'll have to try! my boyfriend loves anything with meat in it, so when i gave him the taco soup he loved it, but was like..."can we have meat in it?" haha, so now that i have this recipe i will try it out, and its only 2pts!!! thanks again!!

Oh, yummy, those recipes are making me hungry! I make something similar in the crock pot (chicken tortilla soup.) I'll have to make it again this weekend now that I have the craving.

Welcome to the newbies, great to have you with us!!

I had a couple glasses of wine last night in honor of St. Patty's day and then skipped my workout this morning so now I'm off to spend some time with my treadmill. Hopefully there's something good on Oprah to keep me entertained.

Lisa

We are sailing on Ocean Village, a casual cruise so no dressing up. We fly from London to Barbados on 21st April to pick up the ship then St Lucia, Dominca and St Marteen[my 56th birthday] then transatlantic to Maderia, Cadiz[spain] then Majorca. We then get a weeks cruise calling at Tunis, Rome, France, Italy and Spain returning to the UK on 12th May.

Jane, your trip sounds amazing!!! And St Maarten is a great place to celebrate your birthday!

Hi WW Women,

I hope everyone had a great day. Thank you for the recipes, they look awesome. 2 lbs...good job Jane! I went to my meeting today and also lost 2 lbs this past week...TTLBJ!! (love it!) Good luck to everyone else (not that luck has anything to do with it)! BE STRONG!

SW: 160

CW: 154

The Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe can be found on the WW site. Go to Recipes and search Tuna Noodle Casserole. Only 6 points a serving, very filling and very tasty! I tried to copy and paste it but the site won't allow me to.

Barkingmad! great job!

Boy, you don't visit the Board for a few days and look what happens!! Welcome to all the new folks! It is great to have so many supporting us! Had Corned beef and cabbage w/potatoes last night with a group of neighbors and I tried to be good! Had weigh in today and really didn't have much of a loss, but no gain, so I'm happy! Another .5 pound gone!!

SW 169.5

CW 156

GW 135

Judi

I weighed in this morning and couldn't believe I lost 2 lbs! Woo hoo! Just half a pound more and I'll be in the 140's!

I must say I was hungry for the first time last night. I ate too many points for breakfast and lunch and so had to skimp on dinner (small amount of tuna salad on a tortilla with a side of raw celery and carrots.) This was the first time I've felt deprived on WW and I won't be doing that again. I had a hard time sleeping and this morning I still feel headachy even though I had breakfast.

Congrats Judi and MaryAnn on your losses, everyone is doing great!!

Lisa

SW=168.0

CW=150.5

GW=145.0 (might get crazy and lower this to 140)

Archived