• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Is 30 minutes between excursions enough time?

Stellaglide

We will be in port for only 8 hours and planning two excursions. Misty Fjords Seaplane trip first followed by Rain Forest Zipline. The Seaplane excursion ends at 1:00 pm and the Zipline trip begins at 1:30 pm.

This is in Ketchikan and the only way we could do the two trips with the limited time we have in port is immediatley back to back.

Will we have time to get from one to the other under normal circumstances, ie., excluding any weather delays. Having never been just don't know where we would be dropped off from the Seaplane trip and where we would need to meet for the Zipline, not to mention grabbing a quick bite of lunch.

If you are booking thu the ship, you should be OK. They plan you can do two in each port.not sure about the lunch part. maybe order room service before and keep it in the freg for a fast bite. I would double check all the same.

interested to see what other think. the is the only port I have not total planned.

No it's not enough time. If the first one is delayed at all, you will miss the 2nd one. And booking through the cruiseline won't be any help as they won't hold the 2nd one for you (and if you miss the 2nd one, most likely they won't refund your money either).

If you do want to attempt it, then bring some prepackaged snacks with you for lunch (you aren't allowed to take anything other than prepackaged foods off the ship).

Ok. So it looks like I'm 1 for 1.

I did a little more research and now have a follow-up question.

I see where I can roll back the second excursion (Rainforest Zipline Expedition) so I will have 1 hour between the 2 trips. If I roll it back by 30 minutes then the Zipline excursion ends at 5:30 while the ship departs Ketchikan at 6:00.

This is an excursion that would be booked through Princess and I can only assume that if it a listed option and they allow me to book it through the cruise personalizer website, Princess must feel comfortable that it is doable and I should hae no problem getting back to the ship.

I'm just a little leary about not making it back on time. What do you all think?

Thanks for the opinion.

I have been doing some research and switching a lot of my excursions from booking directly through with Princess to an independent. The Zipline Excursion is identical (same company and same tour description) regardless of where booked and surprisingly it is cheaper through Princess, although by only $4/person.

Think I'll go for it and hope for the best since it will be booked through Princess.

Thanks for the opinion.

I have been doing some research and switching a lot of my excursions from booking directly through with Princess to an independent. The Zipline Excursion is identical (same company and same tour description) regardless of where booked and surprisingly it is cheaper through Princess, although by only $4/person.

Think I'll go for it and hope for the best since it will be booked through Princess.

HOW are you booking these??? If ship excursions, they have programs in place for scheduling. OTHERWISE, you need to inquire DIRECT of the second tour operator, and go with THEIR recommendations for timing. Fully disclose, where you will be prior, and who with.

We are on HAL and they require 45 minutes between excursions in case something happens to the first one. We had to juggle our excursions and switch what we wanted to do because of this. The lady at the shore excursions 800 number said we might be able to book it on the ship because the onboard folks had a little more discretion and flexiblity than the 800 number booking people. That meant only booking the first excursion and hoping we'd get the second and I didn't want to gamble with that. good luck!

Archived