• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Alaska- not enough entertainment?

BAIC03

I am considering an Alaskan cruise with my husband next year. He requires a lot of entertainment usually, and I am worried that he will be bored.

He is not an outdoors-y type, unless it involves bears, eagles or whales. Do you think NCL has enough entertainment for my high maintenance hubby?

thanks!

I am considering an Alaskan cruise with my husband next year. He requires a lot of entertainment usually, and I am worried that he will be bored.

He is not an outdoors-y type, unless it involves bears, eagles or whales. Do you think NCL has enough entertainment for my high maintenance hubby?

thanks!

We found the scenery to be entertainment enough for us but here's a link to the Freestyle Daily's from our cruise on the Pearl to Alaska last May. Take a look and see if there's enough to keep your husband happy.;)

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563737173yElFzT

I love Alaska and NCL -- but I don't know that there was as much entertainment on the Pearl as you might be looking for. Alaska is one place in particular, however, where I hardly participate in the ship's entertainment. I'm perfectly happy sitting on the promenade deck, watching the gorgeous scenery sail by, and looking for whales and other wildlife.

What kinds of entertainment does your DH usually enjoy onboard? They still do the shows at night, but we didn't feel like there was quite as much going on during the day as we'd seen listed on some other ships.

PS -- If nothing else, he can always watch for whales and eagles as the ship sails along. The whales may be harder to spot, but the eagles are usually plentiful.

Archived