• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

It Is A VERY Busy Day In Fort Lauderdale For HAL Ships

LAFFNVEGAS

It looks to be a beautiful day at Port Evergaldes in Fort Lauderdale. Today is certainly a busy day for Holland America :)

Lou from Mortgage Mobile has already been busy sending me pictures. These pictures were taken from the top floor of his building this morning.

First we have the line up of ships, with the Oosterdam, the Eurodam in the middle and the Noordam.

dsc0096e.jpg

Then we have the Oosterdam :o oh she is so far away from home this Saturday morning.

DSC_0074.jpg?t=1237046790

Keep watching today as picture come in from the 3 PM (East Coast time) Banner Wave as well as many more pictures and Sail Away of the ships.

I just spoke with Gloria and they just finished the 3 PM Banner Wave. She said that Lou was clicking away taking lots of pictures so cannot wait to see them I will post them here.

Next up is Sail Away at 5 but I would not be the least bit surprised to see them leave late. Things are really slow and when normally you can get you you cabins at 1 PM the annoucement was not made till 2:30. So I guess we will see, but they have beautiful weather and should be a great Sail Away!!!

To Lou: Great pictures - thanks for taking them

To Lisa: Thanks for all your time posting Wave pictures.

Thanks you are very Welcome :)

Of course today was a bit special with having the Oosterdam in FLL.

I did read on the other board that the Oosterdam is now saying Sail Away will be at 7 PM this evening they are still needing to stock provisions on the ship.

Hopefully they passed all their Inspections today with flying colors.

Lisa,

looks like the Oosterdam wont' be living until 8:30 or 9:00pm EST.

I noticed they were scheduled to be in HMC at 8am, but now they are showing 11am arrival.

Bruce

p.s. My Mom did make it to the banner wave.

Thanks for letting us know....I was just about to post that I just got home and wondered if the Oosterdam had left yet.

That is great that you Mom made it to the wave. I believe that mountainmare was there and I know that San Diego Sue aka Gloria was also there because I spoke with her. I am pretty sure that Liz and Carolyn were there as well. So another hour yet before they leave, that is totally understandable what with loading provisions and have3 Inspections today. I know that it must have been a very long hard day for the Officers and crew.

Thanks for letting us know....I was just about to post that I just got home and wondered if the Oosterdam had left yet.

That is great that you Mom made it to the wave. I believe that mountainmare was there and I know that San Diego Sue aka Gloria was also there because I spoke with her. I am pretty sure that Liz and Carolyn were there as well. So another hour yet before they leave, that is totally understandable what with loading provisions and have3 Inspections today. I know that it must have been a very long hard day for the Officers and crew.

Lisa,

It looks like they are getting ready, fromt the inlet cam it looks like the engines are running. With that many ships in port I'm amazed how they can do it. I'm sure the airport was a really madhouse today.

Bruce

Lisa,

It looks like they are getting ready, fromt the inlet cam it looks like the engines are running. With that many ships in port I'm amazed how they can do it. I'm sure the airport was a really madhouse today.

Bruce

Not just the airport, DH and I were discussing this over an early dinner but can you imagine how many semi loads of provisions have to be driven into Port Everglades on any given Saturday and Sunday :eek: I would love to know the number but it has to be a lot.

Another great day in Port Everglades! I didn't watch as planned at 5:00 PM...we were out and didn't get home til 6 or so...and just thought of it now. I'll see if inletcam captured the departures of the HAL Threesome!

I jst receive foru more great pictures from Lou at Mortgage Mobile http://mortgagemobile.com/Ft_Lauderdale_Florida_Web_Cam.html

He took this with his new Nikon

DSC_0150.jpg?t=1237082559

I love this next one because it shows the elevator lights that are different colors for each floor and the lit up Oosterdam sign.

DSC_0146.jpg?t=1237082614

DSC_0156.jpg?t=1237082725

DSC_0162.jpg?t=1237082786

Thanks Lou for these great pictures

Archived