• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

labadee fun stuff

don24

i was wondering if you can book jetski or other thing when you want to do it .i have no idea if im gonna feel like doing it ahead of time i might just want to hang around maybe not or do yuo think it will fill up .

Yes you can. The first time I was there I did a 3 hour kayak tour which was nice. The second time I was there I did a waverunner tour which was also fun.

What is not fun is dodging all the locals who are trying to get you to buy artwork and wood carvings. They are even out in canoes trying to peddle their goods to the people doing water activities.

Once you tell them what you want to buy they will meet you on shore to finalize the deal. And yes, their is a decent size semi-waterproofed compartment underneath the seat of the waverunner. Perfect for the conch shell you just bought............LOL.

Actually I really enjoyed the waverunner tour. Once you get out of the cove the water gets a bit choppy, but that just made it more fun. My wife had her own waverunner and she didn't like the rough water. Oh well, now she knows...........:)

Yes you can. The first time I was there I did a 3 hour kayak tour which was nice. The second time I was there I did a waverunner tour which was also fun.

What is not fun is dodging all the locals who are trying to get you to buy artwork and wood carvings. They are even out in canoes trying to peddle their goods to the people doing water activities.

We had never had problems with the locals, and we have been there many of times. They have an area where they sell their artwork and wood carvings, but I have never seen them coming to the beach. I believe RC does not allow them to bother the passengers, so if you feel like you have a problem let someone from the ship know.

Well I'm never going back to Labadee, but I would like to see pictures of the completed construction projects. I heard they are building a dock and expanding the beaches so they have enough room for Oasis and her 5,000 guests.

Sounds like that place has changed, we visited like 10 years ago, only saw locals at the tender pier area, that was it

Archived