• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What is the earliest flight I can safely book out of FLL?

tink24

I'm thinking about sailing on the Freedom out of FLL. What is the earliest time I can safely book our flight home? Carnival website says 11:30 if you use Carnival transfers. There are some appealing flights at 11:20 am, but I am afraid to miss the flight. Would we be OK if we took a taxi instead of using the Carnival transfers? Please help me.

Anything after 11 AM is makeable from FLL.... (barring any complications from Customs)...:)

We had an 1140 AM and did a lot of 'sitting' at the airport...:p

I have an 1150 AM from TPA in June, and don't even consider that 'not makeable', and we don't do 'self-assist'..;):D YAWN!

We are Vip and did self disembark. Off ship in FL by 0740 and in airport via cab before 0800. We had an 1130 flight, but they put us on the 0900 flight. So we were home before our original flight was to leave Fla. We were lucky and all the cards fell in place for us.

I'd book a 12:00 (ish) flight. We did this a couple years ago. We did regular debarkation and still had a 2.5 hr wait at the airport. The airport is 10 minutes by taxi, don't use the shuttles. Taxi this past January was $13.90 + tip, undoubtedly cheaper than shuttles.

I'm thinking about sailing on the Freedom out of FLL. What is the earliest time I can safely book our flight home? Carnival website says 11:30 if you use Carnival transfers. There are some appealing flights at 11:20 am, but I am afraid to miss the flight. Would we be OK if we took a taxi instead of using the Carnival transfers? Please help me.

I have an 11:45am flight out of FLL on 4/11. I have VIP but, either way, we'll both be OK!;)

I've done 11:30 flights frequently with time to spare, but you do have to pay attention to how many ships are in port the same day. Lots of ships = longer security lines.

Archived