• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How much coat for Transatlantic?

We're going from Miama to Dover in late April. Do I need to bring a really warm coat, or will a 'spring' jacket do? I plan on bringing some kind of light sweater or hoodie and layering.

Ports are the Azores, Vigo Spain, Dover England--we're doing Canterbury also before heading to the airport the next day.

We're also doing Miami to London in April.. 11 days on the Jewel.

London in April can still be chilly (I know, I'm a Londoner!!)

Take some long pants and a warmish jacket.... I'm sure you'll need them.

The layer thing is a good idea.

We're on the Jewel too--April 17th. Thanks for your suggestions; I figured I'd better bring a warmer jacket as well as some layers, was just hoping someone would say, "Oh, you just need to bring a light sweater!" I knew better, really.

The ony quilted coat I have is an actual winter coat--way to big and bulky for packing. Guess I'd better go scrutinize my jacket wardrobe and see if I need to go shopping.

We're on the Jewel too--April 17th. Thanks for your suggestions; I figured I'd better bring a warmer jacket as well as some layers, was just hoping someone would say, "Oh, you just need to bring a light sweater!" I knew better, really.

The ony quilted coat I have is an actual winter coat--way to big and bulky for packing. Guess I'd better go scrutinize my jacket wardrobe and see if I need to go shopping.

Late April can be odd with temperatures here and in the Med too.

You can go frm needing to wrap up warm to nedding just a T shirt and shorts

BUt the way the weather has been slow to warm up this year I'd go for the layers, then at least you cantake them off if it warms up.

I know you are going transatlantic but it applies to the Med at that time too. And also it can be cold with the wind off the Atlantic as you sail across the Bay of Biscay and up the English Channel

And if the weather in the Med is anything like last year, you'll need them there too. We only had 1 day in a 7 night cruise where we didn't need a llight jacket of some sort.

And if you've got a lightweight water or shower proof jacket bring that too.

Berwyn

Archived