St Petersburg Price Drops

Has anyone seen any reductions in the price of private tours between when you first started talking to them about your tour and now? There are so many sales on the ships and the ships have plenty of unsold cabins, so I was wondering if the tour operators would start having price drops, too.

Has anyone seen any reductions in the price of private tours between when you first started talking to them about your tour and now? There are so many sales on the ships and the ships have plenty of unsold cabins, so I was wondering if the tour operators would start having price drops, too.

Many of the major cruise lines have been having various sales and other special offers for cruises in Europe. This is especially true in the Mediterranean! In that popular Med area, there are lots of ships, cruise offerings and the season runs much longer, from Spring through Fall. Hence, there are stronger market pressures to fill many more rooms on ships. In the Baltics, there are fewer ships, offerings and the cruise season is shorter, mainly just in the summer period. There are specials in the Baltics, but the discounts and specials seem more limited as demand is pretty good in that area with its narrower season.

On private tours, there might be some downward price reductions, but it could mostly be because of lower fuel costs and/or currency value shifts. Last summer, you got only about 23 rubles to the dollar. Now it is about 34.7 rubles to the dollar. Last summer in late July, we had to pay $1.60 for a euro compared to $1.2915 on Friday. For the English pound, it is now $1.3979, compared to nearly two dollars last July.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Hi, Alla Tours offers various discounts and our tour has dropped for 10%. It saves up 80Us for both of us. Margo

Same thing for us with SPB Tours. Did not even have to ask. The price ended being lower that the original quote.

Did SPB lower the price after you had already booked? How long ago was that? We just booked a 2 day tour for next August, but only booked about 2 weeks ago.....maybe they had already lowered their price.

Hi, Alla Tours offers various discounts and our tour has dropped for 10%. It saves up 80Us for both of us. Margo

May I ask how many in your group and when you booked? I did a group booking last year and after reading this I asked.... no discount is available other than the standard discount for cash and for the tour leader. Which would = 10%.

I have been in touch with Viktoria of SPB, as recently as yesterday, and specifically asked her about a drop in price. She was very hospitable about it, but said that her prices have remained constant. WE are booked for her Baltic Pearl 2 day tour for $299. She also said, that that price will hold even if prices rose dramatically.

One word of note, she did say that there are several other tour agencies using the SPB letters in ther name, and some may be a bit cheaper. So if you do book SBP, make sure you do get Viktoria. I cannot say how helpful she has been and answers every question and comment within 24 hours. I truly look forward to touring with her.

Giantfan13,

I second everything you've written about Viktoria! She has been awesome! Our group is looking forward to meeting her in St. Petersburg on May 14. Thanks for your post re price reductions, that's one less thing we have to inquire about. :D

Archived