• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

webcam question

maplo

I have family leaving on Westerdam today from Fort Lauderdale. Isn't there a port cam that I can actually see their ship today? I did try the inletcam and I see Celebrity but thought there was a camera that showed more? Thanks for the help.

Pam

It's there sometimes. I've checked Inlet Cam a few times this morning. I did see the Westerdam behind the Princess ship. You're right, the Celebrity ship shows up mostly.

Later, you can watch the parade of ships leaving Port Everglades. The Westerdam will pass right in front of the camera. If your party is on the port side you might see someone wave.

I have family leaving on Westerdam today from Fort Lauderdale. Isn't there a port cam that I can actually see their ship today? I did try the inletcam and I see Celebrity but thought there was a camera that showed more? Thanks for the help.

Pam

If you're talking about the mortgagemobil.com cam, you can ordinarily take control for a 2 min span and point it where you want, zoom in, etc.

Click on Start Control in the l.r. corner, wait for the countdown clock to let you know it's your turn, and then use the "panoramic view control" (above the clock) and the sliders to choose what it looks at. Note that it takes a couple of seconds after you move a slider before any change happens.

There is another web cam that is located by the inlet-it is:

http://www.inletcam.com

For departures,the person that owns the site uses a hand held camera that shows the whole departure out to the ocean-I watch it every weekend-its

a good show-the Westerdam is my favorite and I take every chance I can to watch her

Earlier I could click on www.inletcam.com and could see the ships in port but having been trying now so I can watch the ships leave but it now brings up alot of small little photos from people and not the port and ships? Am I on the wrong site or is anyone else having the same problem?

Archived