• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ladies ~ going on a cruise ~ do you pack for DH?

I do. I don't think DH would have a clue what to take or even where to find it!!

I hear our friends talk about one of them is done packing but the other didn't start.

Just curious, ladies do you pack for your DH?;)

Well I'm no lady, (Just a male couple) however my partner refuses to let me pack my own clothes this year because last year I packed 8 suitcases :)

Ok I was worried I might run out of clothes and bringing all my clothes on hangers didn't go down to well with partner hehehe

I use to pack for my DH, but in recent years and following complaints that I didn't pack the right things, we have a new system. Now he places everything he wants on the bed. I then place it in his suitcase (the poor man can't fold anything without make a wrinkled mess) while I make him stand there and watch. This way, I can point out if he is missing anything critical and if he forgets something, it is his fault!

I do all the packing before the cruise, and he does all the "packing" going home. It's a great trade-off: the one that knows how to fold and pack does it when the wrinkles are being avoided, and the one who tosses the clothes in the suitcase does it when the wrinkles don't matter! :D

Also, I get to relax on the last day of the cruise, too!

I also unpack and put everything away in the cabin. If I let DH do it, we'd spend half the cruise trying to find stuff.

He tries on his clothes, picks out what he wants to take, and I do the rest of the packing.

We both create our own cruise "piles" individually, prior to packing, then together we consolidate the piles on packing day. Instead of having my suitcase and "his" suitcase, we try to have some of each of our wardrobes in each suitcase. That way if something happens to one of the suitcases enroute, at least we will both have SOME clothing left in the remaining suitcase. :D

We both create our own cruise "piles" individually, prior to packing, then together we consolidate the piles on packing day. Instead of having my suitcase and "his" suitcase, we try to have some of each of our wardrobes in each suitcase. That way if something happens to one of the suitcases enroute, at least we will both have SOME clothing left in the remaining suitcase. :D

I do this, too.

I make a packing list for each of us. We usually pack together putting some of each person's clothes in each suitcase just in case luggage gets lost. We will each have some of our own clothes.

On our last cruise (10 days) someone we befriended never got her luggage the entire trip. All she had was what she brought aboard in her carry on and her formal wear. She was not a very happy camper. She had to buy some clothes in the shops. There was not much of a selection.

If you are flying to port always pack some outfits in your partners suitcase.

Each vacation we take, I offer to pack for my hubby (as I am done about a week before and he starts around midnight the night before we leave) but he always refuses. I am much more organized, efficient and tend to not forget things (like he does) but he still prefers to pack for himself. Sometimes I will lay out what I think he needs on the guest room bed and let him change out things and pack it all (he has this fear of not knowing what he will have--definite control issues! :)) I told him for out upcoming cruise, if he wants to "co-mingle" suitcases, we are doing it the Sunday before we leave. We'll see what happens. ;)

If I didn't pack for him, I'd be traveling with a ragamuffin. ;) Jeans and t-shirts are okay for most excursions but there are other clothes in his wardrobe that are much better suited for travel.

DH sets out what he doesn't want me to miss, but he's ultimately going to wear what I put in there for him. Am I right ladies? :D

Oh dear, I pack for both of us, but he selects (almost everything in his closet) what he will wear. I spend most of the timing - asking are you sure about this? Do you really need that? What????

It goes really well! :rolleyes:

After many years and many cruises of DH doing ALL the packing after I

laid out what I wanted to take, (then put away half) I was really spoiled.

I miss him in so many ways, but I did manage to pack for myself on my first solo cruise last fall, which was a 15 day transatlantic. I had what I needed,

wore most of what I packed, and hadn't forgotten anything essential,

so I think I did pretty well. Next cruise is only 7 day but Alaska so will need

heavier clothes....

Um, not in this lifetime.:rolleyes: I pack all of DS, some of DD, all of mine - he can do his own!:p

wow - i am perfectly willing to help the kids pack -less and less help as they get older:p but he is a grown man - I remind him of things to take but pack for him? you gotta be kidding:D besides, this way if he forgets something it will never be my fault!

Nope, he has packed for himself for many, many years now. Plus, he does his own laundry and the shopping, too! :p

well, the laundry he does, as well as the packing, but I have traded the shopping for the cooking:D I buy the food, he prepares it!

Mimi, sadly yes, I do all his packing. He is clueless when it comes to clothes as he has no fashion sense whatsoever!!! :D So, between packing for all the kids, him and myself, it's quite the task!! If I let him pack, I wouldn't be seen in public with him! LOL ;)

If I didn't pack for him, I'd be traveling with a ragamuffin. ;) Jeans and t-shirts are okay for most excursions but there are other clothes in his wardrobe that are much better suited for travel.

DH sets out what he doesn't want me to miss, but he's ultimately going to wear what I put in there for him. Am I right ladies? :D

No, my husband is a grown man and I am not his mother. He packs for himself.

I am sure DH is capable of getting clothing into a suitcase, he used to do it weekly coming home from work travel. But I don't want 14 suitcases, bags and totes following us around on our vacation.

:confused:

I use to pack for my DH, but in recent years and following complaints that I didn't pack the right things, we have a new system. Now he places everything he wants on the bed. I then place it in his suitcase (the poor man can't fold anything without make a wrinkled mess) while I make him stand there and watch. This way, I can point out if he is missing anything critical and if he forgets something, it is his fault!

Me too. I do all the packing. We got into that 'system' for the same reason.

When it's time to 're-pack ' for the trip home, well I do that too..

Archived