• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Sleep Inn Dania - Anyone stay lately???

Daniel1313

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania lately??? I was not hearing great reports lately. Is anything within walking distance???

Thanks

Dan

My son just stayed here last month and thought everything was fine and we are staying here next month. Next door is Walgreen's and across the street is a shopping plazza with a couple of restaruants. We have stayed here with others numerous times and never had any issues but that doesn't mean things can't happen.

We took out a day room here on Saturday since we got off the ship at 9:00 a.m and didn't fly out until 9:00 p.m. It was very clean, pleasant staff, the free airport and Port Everglades shuttle was a huge bonus. The pool area was small but cozy.

As mentioned, right in front is a Walgreens. Across the street is a strip mall with a Mexican restaurant (Pancho's Backyard), an Italian restaurant, take-out Chinese, Quiznos and a Publix. The beach is about a mile and a half down Dania Beach Blvd. (go left from the hotel facing Walgreens).

From what we saw, it is a very residential area overall so what is nearby is more convenience stores, less touristy. We would stay there again for a night or two but I wouldn't spend a whole vacation there.

Thanks for your replies... We are staying there for 3 days starting this Wednesday. We are renting a car for the first two. Is there anything within walking distance that you can do?? Do you have any idea if there is any public transportation???

Thanks

Dan

Archived