• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Wine store close to port in Civitavecchia?

hylasgirl

Aren't you going to be in Rome for a few days pre-cruise? There are tons of enoteca and wine shops all around and they will let you try some before you buy. There are alos little grocery shops and supremercatos that will have wine you can pick up as you are heading back to your hotel in the evening.

Aren't you going to be in Rome for a few days pre-cruise? There are tons of enoteca and wine shops all around and they will let you try some before you buy. There are alos little grocery shops and supremercatos that will have wine you can pick up as you are heading back to your hotel in the evening.

I am actually asking for someone else.:) They will not be in Rome pre-cruise.

Any ideas? I am sure they will be able to ask the taxi to get them to one??

Ah, sorry to make an assumption. There is at least one in Civi, its been discussed on these boards in the past. I would ask the driver to stop on the way to the ship or go to the ship and drop off everything, take the shuttle back to the port entrance and ask the shuttle driver.

Ah, sorry to make an assumption. There is at least one in Civi, its been discussed on these boards in the past. I would ask the driver to stop on the way to the ship or go to the ship and drop off everything, take the shuttle back to the port entrance and ask the shuttle driver.

No problem... This may be the thing to do.

Thanks for the link... I read the whole thing and didn't really come away with much wine help. I would love to find decent wine store near by... someone listed that there was a market halfway to the trainstation, but no one really mentioned a great deal of wine.

Maybe I can find them a few bottles in Rome and then somehow meet up with them before boarding:confused: Maybe...

Almost all grocery stores have wine. Some have a better selection than others, as can be expected. The Enoteca's are very nice and offer a much bigger selections, and higer prices, than the grocery store.

I never had any difficulty buying wine on a Sunday, mind you I was in the Milan area, but I would think it is the same in the South.

If my translation is somewhat correct, the ENOTECA LA NONA is not a wine store, but a wholesale distributor. Location is quite a distance from the port entrance. In our wanderings in Civitavecchia we walked past sveral grocery type stores within a reasonable distance of the port entrance.

Yes, would love to know if this place is indeed somewhere that allows us to purchase?? Not just wholesale.

I don't care that the price is slightly higher in an Enoteca. I can only take on 2 bottles anyway... and I just need it to be slightly on the way to the ship from Rome:) I would like a place where I can get some decent priced Brunellos. I am going to Florence first, and will look there as well but our friends need a place they can stop. Wine wine... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Yes, would love to know if this place is indeed somewhere that allows us to purchase?? Not just wholesale.

I don't care that the price is slightly higher in an Enoteca. I can only take on 2 bottles anyway... and I just need it to be slightly on the way to the ship from Rome:) I would like a place where I can get some decent priced Brunellos. I am going to Florence first, and will look there as well but our friends need a place they can stop. Wine wine... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

If you will be in the Florence area then I highly recommend you try to get some Castello Il Palagio wines. Primarily a Chianti of outstanding quality but also several other varieties as well.Very much worth a visit. Beautiful property, gorgeous location and of course, makers of fine wine.

http://www.castelloilpalagio.it/main_e.html

I again suggest that your friends go to a few grocery stores to get wines. They do sell good wines.

If you will be in the Florence area then I highly recommend you try to get some Castello Il Palagio wines. Primarily a Chianti of outstanding quality but also several other varieties as well.Very much worth a visit. Beautiful property, gorgeous location and of course, makers of fine wine.

http://www.castelloilpalagio.it/main_e.html

I again suggest that your friends go to a few grocery stores to get wines. They do sell good wines.

Unfortunately we won't have time to travel outside of Florence, but I will certainly check to see if I can find something of this brand in Florence. Do you have any recommended wine stores in Florence?

Thank you!:)

Unfortunately we won't have time to travel outside of Florence, but I will certainly check to see if I can find something of this brand in Florence. Do you have any recommended wine stores in Florence?

Thank you!:)

Had to think about your question for a bit. If I were there, I could probably walk you right to it. I created as quasi map for you to look at:( www.ftroute.com/images/FirVino.jpg )

(1) From the train station (upper left), to the right (east) and slightly up (north) you will see a blue box. This is the central market (a big, ugly, blue steel building.) Inside, about where there is the letter A are 1-3 stands that have wine. This is a place that the locals buy.

(2) Below the train station (south) about a block you will see a gold line. The wine shop is along this line (on your left as you proceed in an easterly direction.) If memory serves me correctly it is between Via dell'Alberto and Via Benedetta; although it could be in the block before you reach Via dell'Alberto. They had a rather nice selection and their prices were reasonable.

If you are not familiar with Google maps, the shaded streets are pedestrian only. As such, many shops are likely to be influenced by tourists. I seem to recall a small shop in the Gallery in the train station - don't recall if it was our last trip or the one before. Guess that is a reason to go back. :D

firvino_sm.jpg

Had to think about your question for a bit. If I were there, I could probably walk you right to it. I created as quasi map for you to look at:( www.ftroute.com/images/FirVino.jpg )

(1) From the train station (upper left), to the right (east) and slightly up (north) you will see a blue box. This is the central market (a big, ugly, blue steel building.) Inside, about where there is the letter A are 1-3 stands that have wine. This is a place that the locals buy.

(2) Below the train station (south) about a block you will see a gold line. The wine shop is along this line (on your left as you proceed in an easterly direction.) If memory serves me correctly it is between Via dell'Alberto and Via Benedetta; although it could be in the block before you reach Via dell'Alberto. They had a rather nice selection and their prices were reasonable.

If you are not familiar with Google maps, the shaded streets are pedestrian only. As such, many shops are likely to be influenced by tourists. I seem to recall a small shop in the Gallery in the train station - don't recall if it was our last trip or the one before. Guess that is a reason to go back. :D

firvino_sm.jpg

You are such an asset to this site! Thank you so much!

I have been to Florence a few times, so I think I will do fine with your map. Thanks so much! This will be my first time with time to spend doing such things as looking for a good wine store. I can't wait!

Can you answer a question about the train station in Florence? If so... Is it easy to get a taxi right after we get off the train? Can you tell me where to go? I would walk to our hotel but my daughter has some limitations and we cannot do this with luggage.

Thanks again.

Can you answer a question about the train station in Florence? If so... Is it easy to get a taxi right after we get off the train? Can you tell me where to go? I would walk to our hotel but my daughter has some limitations and we cannot do this with luggage.

Thanks again.

The taxi queue is right in front of the station. Go into the ticket area (about track 6-7 if I remember correctly) and straight through to the outside. There is a covered area for taxis and there should be plenty. Taxis go clockwise around the circle in front of the station.

A word to all going through Firenze SMN for the next year or so. They are constructing a 'metro' in Florence and it does impact the area immediately around Firenze SMN. If you lay a clock face on a map so that 9 and 3 are parallel to to front of the station, and 12 faces away from the station, 12 to about 4 or 5 are areas that will be impacted. Expect pedestrian detours but nothing else.

The taxi queue is right in front of the station. Go into the ticket area (about track 6-7 if I remember correctly) and straight through to the outside. There is a covered area for taxis and there should be plenty. Taxis go clockwise around the circle in front of the station.

A word to all going through Firenze SMN for the next year or so. They are constructing a 'metro' in Florence and it does impact the area immediately around Firenze SMN. If you lay a clock face on a map so that 9 and 3 are parallel to to front of the station, and 12 faces away from the station, 12 to about 4 or 5 are areas that will be impacted. Expect pedestrian detours but nothing else.

Thank you so much!

Subject your ship berth at Pier 25:

Just opposite:

2009-MSC-FTS-11037.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed... Seriously??? This is awesome. I just love your pictures! You wouldn't believe my husband's face when I took out your print out in Warnemunde! :) We walked right to everything! Rented our bikes from Sven at the store and were on our way to the Baltic trail:)

So... in the case of this picture. Just find dock 25? Does anyone know what berths that Celebrity usually uses? This would be so easy to unload suitcases and go back out and find some wine!

Archived