• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ultimate Balcony Breakfast Help

JennAngel9

I would appreciate if anyone can answer the following questions. If it matters, we will be cruising on the Crown.

1) What are the latest and earliest times you can (or successfully have) ordered ultimate balcony breakfast? Is 10:30am reasonable?

2) Is there a limit to the number of times you can order ultimate balcony breakfast service?

3) Has anyone ever tried to order the ultimate balcony breakfast and found it unavailable? My understanding is that you need to request it 24 hours in advance-- does that mean it cannot be ordered for the first full cruise day?

4) Is it possible to request that the champagne that comes with UBB be saved (w/o being opened) for later in the day?

Thank you very much!

Hi Jenn,

WRT your questions, these are the answers you seek to the best of my knowledge:

a. I believe that Ultimate Balcony Breakfast is available between 0700 and 1100 hrs;

b. No limit...remember you pay extra for it and it is added to your stateroom bill;

c. Good question. Anybody know the answer to this one? :confused: ; and

d. You could request it I suppose, however with our UBB on our transcanal repo cruise on Coral in 2006, the "Princess Champagne" was left corked in an ice bucket allowing you the freedom to open at your leisure.

Hope this helps...at least three out of four isn't too bad.:)

Ciao for now!!!

Thanks Captain Ron! I actually just stumbled across a question of mine you'd answered on another (long dead) thread I'd missed (re: Amex Perks) and wanted to thank you, but didn't want to resuscitate it-- so this worked out very well--double thank you! You definitely answered the most important of my questions as we'd like to use UBB as a workaround for avoiding the buffet both on early morning departures and also on sea days after the dining room is closed-- but I can't see us needing breakfast before 7 or after 11 :)

I had another question-- which is sort of related-- is it possible to order UBB delivered to the Sanctuary (assuming you have managed to secure a lounger there) or does the Sanctuary offer similar breakfast delivery options?

Anyone know the approximate cost of this service??? (We'll be on the Sapphire Princess next month)

You can check the Princess website, but if I remember it was $25 or $30. I've never paid for it, always use Princess Visa points. We have one reserved for next months cruise. It was 3000 points.

Have Fun

Just a few words from experience. The first time we had it (it was a gift from our TA), half of it went to waste (otherwise it would have gone to waist!) because it's simply an enormous amount of food and we're not "super-size" eaters anymore. We had it while in a port because the ship's 23 knot speed while on the sea, added to the prevailing weather, creates quite a bit of wind on the balcony. Unless you have a large balcony table (ours was no bigger than a pizza pan), you find yourself fetching tray after tray from any flat surface in the cabin or having the trays sit all over the balcony floor. So, it was a little less than an ideal situation.

The second time we asked to have it served at 11 am in an empty dining room and shared it with 4 other travel companions. That worked out so much better! And we didn't feel like beached whales:eek:

Thanks for those tips. DH and I did the dinner on the Tahitian-- and while we thought it was a neat experience the things you mentioned (primarily wind and excess food-- but also we felt our minisuite balcony was a bit cramped with the upgraded table) have kept us from doing it again. I do hate to see a lot of food wasted, so we will be careful to review the list of food they are sending us in advance and cut out unnecessary items.

We did the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and felt it was a waste of money. Substituted Eggs Benedict for the salmon and they were dried out and tasted old. The person taking the order could barely speak English and I got a lot of push back on changes. There was absolutely nothing on the menu that we couldn't have gotten fresher if we had gone to the buffet. The pastries were hard, they forgot the tea and the milk.

They charged us $32 for it and added the 15% gratuity. Nothing was set up, it was just dumped in the room. You are really paying for the champagne. DH was really disappointed since breakfast is his favorite meal to eat out and he envisioned it being really romantic on the balcony on a sea day.

You would do better to order the continetal breakfast from room service and have one of you run up to the buffet for the rest of it.

Archived