• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Dune Buggy Excursion

pmoniz

Has anyone done this excursion recently? Really curious to know if it's worth the $$ !! And what you actually do and where you go? We're getting ready to book our excursions and I'm second guessing myself on this one. Not really sure about it. So any information anyone can give me that has recently done this excursion would be greatly appreciated!!

Just got back last Friday from Grand Princess and hubby did dune buggy. He was really looking forward to this but said it was a joke. Buggys kept breaking down , they went slow. Great for a kid but said for 229 for an adult it s a JOKE !!!!! Did not get dirty but only a little dusty. Saw alot of the island.

sweet - thank you soooo much. I know if I made everyone (11 of us) book this thinking it was going to be a blast and it wasn't they'd kill me! Especially the boys (18 & 19) if they weren't able to have some fun in the dirt and just putted around the island I'd never hear the end of it!

work2wander - That was my second thought - renting the golf carts or mopeds or something. Is this something you can rent in advance or you have to wait until you get on the island? Thanks for any information you can offer!

I have to disagree. The Dune Buggies were awesome. True, they do not go 60-70 MPH; however, they are used out on the main roads of the island, and they go plenty fast for the conditions.

Grand Turk was pretty boring; however, the Dune Buggies took us on a tour of the beautiful, yet disgusting salt-island. You will have some fun.. Remember one thing: "Bumping and Rubbing is Racing!"

we also did the dune buggy excursion. (Dec. on Miracle) Had a great time. We got absolutely filthy and muddy! It looked like we jumped into a mud bath. You off-road a lot - went into a quarry and had a blast! Yes, the buggies kept breaking down, but dd17 and dd20 really enjoyed this excursion. You feel like you are going a lot faster than you probably are, as they are so open. Would I do it again? No. But I am glad we spent the money and tried it - it was one of those "once in a lifetime" things we always wanted to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
can anyone tell me what they do when a "breakdown" occurs?

do they get them running again or put you with someone else or what?

you travel all together. Ours Stalled once and the guide was right there to start us up again and we caught up with the rest of the caravan. This is a small island & you can't get lost.

We were glad we did it in Sept 2007 if I recall correctly we paid 199.00 for 2 people. Yes a little pricey, but there isn't tons to do there and our friends spent more at Margarettaville eating/drinking. Its all relative.

oh and it is 2 people per dune buggy. My husband drove and I was a passenger, but you have two stops so could switch seats if you wanted.

Archived