Ships with Thalassotherapy Pool?

tnt10

Anyone know of any current cruise ships that have the equivelent of the X Mercury T-Pool?

May sound crazy to those who haven't tried them, but they are fantastic!

Last ship I was on that had a wonderful T-Pool was the X Mercury.

Thanks,

TnT

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone know of any current cruise ships that have the equivelent of the X Mercury T-Pool?

Thanks,

TnT

Carnival's Splendor has one, Sails out of Long Beach, Ca. week long cruises to the Mexican Riviera with stops in Puerto Vallerta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas.

Sunday to Sunday

Thanks,

TnT

NCL's Jewel class ships have thalassotherapy pools. (Jewel, Jade, Pearl & Gem. The Dawn & Star I beleive also have them. We have used the ones on the Jewel & Pearl and they have fantastic spas with the heated tiled loungers, mud room ( don't know the official name). You can get a pass for the length of your cruise for the spa area. (7 day, 10 day ect.) Love the T-pool!:D

• 2 months later...
Ok, so what is so good about the T Pool?

It's the best, salt-water jetted pool. Very relaxing, and worth every cent if there is a charge on the ship you're sailing.

The experience is so much more than a regular jacuzzi type tub. Absolutely, no comparison. Very powerful jets. Usually has loungers to relax on in the water.

To experience a Thalassotherapy pool is to love one!

Happy Sailing,

TnT

It's the best, salt-water jetted pool. Very relaxing, and worth every cent if there is a charge on the ship you're sailing.

The experience is so much more than a regular jacuzzi type tub. Absolutely, no comparison. Very powerful jets. Usually has loungers to relax on in the water.

Happy Sailing,

TnT

that sounds fabulous..I think I will try it ...we are set to sail on the Dream in 93 days..lol

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Sailing,

TnT

if a passenger wanted to use the T pool for the week, what is the cost?

thanks

On the M-Class ships of Celebrity the T-Pool is the solarium pool. The jets are not as powerful as the Century Class but the pool size on the M-Class is quite large. There was no charge on the M-Class but we we last on an M-Class 5 years ago. We were on the Galaxy last year and Three years ago and enjoyed the T-Pool, the cost for the pool on Galaxy was $99 for the 11 nights.

The only issue I had with T-Pools was the affect the mixture had on the swim suits usually going through a couple per cruise.

I am not sure about the M-Class pools but I believe the Mercury may be the only one of the Century Class ones left.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I won't go on a ship without a Thalassotherapy pool!! LOL... The M Class of Celebrity ships have them, as does the RCCL Radiance of the Seas. Over 18 years old only on RCCL, which is nice and quiet and relaxing! Don't believe there is an age requirement on Celebrity. Most relaxing pool ever!!! I never had a problem with my swimsuits and chemicals of the pool at all. Warm and soothing..... and relax... and ah... geez... I could use one right now!

Edited by Pokerbee

• 3 months later...

I have to agree - the T Pool is one of the best things around! I've had massages, been in indoor pools with jets and of course, in a hot tub. This was different, more relaxing. We were on a cooler cruise in November, and we both purchased the week long pass as recommended here on CC. The option to go everyday and just relax was so great. It was never crowded either, but I've heard they put a limit on how many people can buy a week long pass.

So glad I found this thread as I didn't know ships, other than Celebrity, even had them! Good news for me! Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
SO and I spent a fair amount of time in the T-pool while on the Dream this year. So nice! I can say---the pictures make it look bigger than it is. Nonetheless, we really enjoyed it as well as the rest of the spa and our spa stateroom.

Hi there, my fiance and I are planning a destination wedding through Carnival and will be sailing on the Dream. We're trying to decide between a regular suite or, for $440 more, a Cloud9 Spa suite. I can't find anything online that explicitly details what is included in the Spa package, other than unlimited access to the T-pool. Can you tell me what all was included? Do you think it was worth it?

Thanks! :)

Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer day and week long passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.

· Daily Pass: $40 per guest

· Week Pass for 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couplev

Edited by nw2this

• 6 months later...

Holland America. Rotterdam has a T Pool. We did it in Alaska and I sat in it as we cruised through the glaciers. It is situated at the front of the ship and has huge picture windows and a private deck.. It is my happy place!:)

• 5 months later...
Hi there, my fiance and I are planning a destination wedding through Carnival and will be sailing on the Dream. We're trying to decide between a regular suite or, for $440 more, a Cloud9 Spa suite. I can't find anything online that explicitly details what is included in the Spa package, other than unlimited access to the T-pool. Can you tell me what all was included? Do you think it was worth it?

Thanks! :)

Added this to our week at sea this year for $225 a couple. Included was unlimited use of the pool, heated spa rooms with tile chairs dry, and steam, steam room with aroma, locker rooms and showers, and relaxation room with tea and lemon water.

• 6 months later...

The Celebrity Millennium class ships have the most amazing, Free, adults only solarium thalassotherapy pool / health cafe environment. First the T-pool is large and deep. Hot tubs are usually very shallow. You slid around with chlorine bubbles burning eyes and they dont give the same relief from gravity that a large deep warm saltwater pool gives. The temperature is a comfortable heat so you can really relax for a long time, not boil your skin and have heart explode in 2 minutes. There is a lot of room to find a spot to yourself and enjoy the type of jet, bubble or water shooting from sky you choose without crawling over someone (ok, I guess that could be fun in rare circumstances). It has a real pool feel unlike some of the others which feel more like a tiled above-ground backyard pool inside a room with a ladder entrance and some jets. It is surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs to relax and listen to the quiet movement of the pool water reflecting from the solarium ceiling while eating grilled salmon and cardamom soaked apples from the heath cafe. I like that the solarium environment is available to enjoy 24 hours a day even though the pool closes (around 11pm I think) unlike the other ships T-pool environments that close up when the spa closes up. I enjoy that it is a regular open access area for people watching while soaking unlike the small, confined spaces of pay per day facilities that sometimes gets loud with all the talking in that small closed space. Has anyone found a T-pool environment better than the Celebrity M-class? I would love to experience it because that is my favorite activity on a cruise. (I do like the free T-pool in the gym of Voyager class ... big and deep with stair entrance (not ladder) good people watching in a large open space but has limited jet options and closes with gym.... I cant get myself to go on a Freedom class because they turned the T-pool into a boxing ring) I am tempted to try Solstice class if the solarium pool really is comfortably warm......looks like a nice environment... and same with the RCCL radiance class solarium pool.. would love if good heat in pool.

Edited by chongkwang