Ships with Thalassotherapy Pool?

tnt10

The Celebrity Millennium class ships have the most amazing, Free, adults only solarium thalassotherapy pool / health cafe environment. First the T-pool is large and deep. Hot tubs are usually very shallow. You slid around with chlorine bubbles burning eyes and they dont give the same relief from gravity that a large deep warm saltwater pool gives. The temperature is a comfortable heat so you can really relax for a long time, not boil your skin and have heart explode in 2 minutes. There is a lot of room to find a spot to yourself and enjoy the type of jet, bubble or water shooting from sky you choose without crawling over someone (ok, I guess that could be fun in rare circumstances). It has a real pool feel unlike some of the others which feel more like a tiled above-ground backyard pool inside a room with a ladder entrance and some jets. It is surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs to relax and listen to the quiet movement of the pool water reflecting from the solarium ceiling while eating grilled salmon and cardamom soaked apples from the heath cafe. I like that the solarium environment is available to enjoy 24 hours a day even though the pool closes (around 11pm I think) unlike the other ships T-pool environments that close up when the spa closes up. I enjoy that it is a regular open access area for people watching while soaking unlike the small, confined spaces of pay per day facilities that sometimes gets loud with all the talking in that small closed space. Has anyone found a T-pool environment better than the Celebrity M-class? I would love to experience it because that is my favorite activity on a cruise. (I do like the free T-pool in the gym of Voyager class ... big and deep with stair entrance (not ladder) good people watching in a large open space but has limited jet options and closes with gym.... I cant get myself to go on a Freedom class because they turned the T-pool into a boxing ring) I am tempted to try Solstice class if the solarium pool really is comfortably warm......looks like a nice environment... and same with the RCCL radiance class solarium pool.. would love if good heat in pool.

I'm curious about Solstice class too, specifically Reflection. Hoping they have a good T-Pool!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone experienced the Aqua Spa Veranda Cabin on the Celebrity Reflection? Does it include free access to the Solarium Pool? I know it includes dining in the Spa Restaurant Blu and access to the heated loungers - - but all I'm really interested in is access to the spa pool indoors. Any advise you could share would be very appreciated. The difference in price for me (I'm a solo traveler) is about $700 between the regular Veranda Cabin and the Aqua Spa Cabin. Thanks!

The pool you're referring to is free for everybody. I just got off of Reflection a few weeks ago. I enjoyed Aqua class, but not sure I'd do it as a single cruise and for $700. Blu is great and I loved the fresh iced tea and canapés every evening!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
NCL's Jewel class ships have thalassotherapy pools. (Jewel, Jade, Pearl & Gem. The Dawn & Star I beleive also have them. We have used the ones on the Jewel & Pearl and they have fantastic spas with the heated tiled loungers, mud room ( don't know the official name). You can get a pass for the length of your cruise for the spa area. (7 day, 10 day ect.) Love the T-pool!:D

The thermal suites on Epic, Breakaway-class and Breakaway Plus-class all have thalassotherapy pools, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I heard the Regal does as well.

The Regal Princess has one of the best Thalassotherapy pools at in IMHO. DH and I enjoyed it daily on our Caribbean cruise in 2015. 4 hot beds on either side of the pool (8 total). A Steam Room, Hammam, and Dry Sauna room are all just steps from the main pool. 4 experience showers just by the steps to the pool as well. Completely worth the cost to access the facilities.

My only complaint is that the lower deck location in the center of the ship makes it feel a more land based than an ocean spa, but heavenly nonetheless.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
We are spa people.

For us a proper hydrotherapy pool means proper spa.

No hydropool = no spa.

It's a luxury feature that can be found on a limited number of ships.

Don't look for them on so-called "luxury ships".

A hydropool is a core muscle of the spa on a cruise ship.

It's still a secret for many that hydrotherapy pools differ like day and night - from "imitations" to top quality.

What is a "proper" hydrotherapy pool?

How to tell a fake one from a real one?

Which one is worth your money?

WJa7Qso7gqo

Thanks for this! We love the T-Pools and going forward will factor that in when choosing a cruise because it is an essential part of our experience.