• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

For those just back from the Dawn.......

Good morning. Our cruise is approaching, and I am trying to get a few things sorted out so that we can make decisions regarding shore excursions, dinner reservations, and the spa.

My questions:

Did the ship ever offer 2for1 deals at any of the specialty restaurants? If so, were they on certain days and for limited hours?

Did you get the spa pass and did you think it was worth it? (I have done that on the Pearl and Gem, but the spa on the Dawn seems somewhat limited.)

If you purchased the pass, were you able to get into the sauna & showers before the official opening time (8am)? I am an early bird.

If you received an invite for the Aqua breakfast, could you tell me what time the restaurant opened up in the morning?

Thanks to all who answer.

Good morning. Our cruise is approaching, and I am trying to get a few things sorted out so that we can make decisions regarding shore excursions, dinner reservations, and the spa.

My questions:

Did the ship ever offer 2for1 deals at any of the specialty restaurants? If so, were they on certain days and for limited hours? No "advertised" 2 for 1's. Some fellow cruisemates from my rollcall did, however, receive a coupon book from their TA's & there was a coupon in the book for a 2 for 1.

Did you get the spa pass and did you think it was worth it? (I have done that on the Pearl and Gem, but the spa on the Dawn seems somewhat limited.) Nope, sorry can't help you there.

If you purchased the pass, were you able to get into the sauna & showers before the official opening time (8am)? I am an early bird.

If you received an invite for the Aqua breakfast, could you tell me what time the restaurant opened up in the morning? The "invite" is simply an announcement card indicating that Aqua is available for balcony pax. The card was on the shelf where the TV is.

Thanks to all who answer.

You're going to love the Dawn, have a great cruise!

Edit: I believe Aqua opened at 7:30 and closed at 10AM, if my memory serves me correctly.

Did the ship ever offer 2for1 deals at any of the specialty restaurants? If so, were they on certain days and for limited hours? No "advertised" 2 for 1's. Some fellow cruisemates from my rollcall did, however, receive a coupon book from their TA's & there was a coupon in the book for a 2 for 1.

I thought I had read here that coupon books were not available this year so this is interesting! My TA had promised me a book but I haven't followed up because I thought they weren't available for 2009.

We were on the Dawn a few weeks ago *sigh* and there were no 2 for 1 deals offered during the cruise at all except if you bought a Future Cruise Reward and then you got a 2 for 1 to Bamboo. We did not use the spa, sorry. The Aqua was open (I think) from 7AM to 10AM, it was never crowded and a really nice way to start the day. Enjoy:D

• Administrators
just did the dawn last week,,,,, no 2for1...but free margartitas at salsa.....the spa is worth it in my opinion....we loved it , but never tried to get in before 8:00....but i bet you could.. just try it... cathy

Did you purchase the spa package for the entire cruise? If so do you remember how much it was, and could you tell us what you enjoyed most about the spa? Thanks! (sailing in 18 days, woo hoo!)

Thanks to everyone who responded. This info is most helpful. I think I will get the spa pass, as I always enjoy the sauna & therapy pool. Believe me - I will get my money's worth!

We were on the Dawn last June, and all I did was chase kids around (we had our 4 grandchildren) so I am anticipating a RELAXING cruise this time.

Arlee - we took our first cruise on the NCL Spirit in July 2004 and immediately became addicts. You are wise to be reading the boards. I think the folks who have disappointing cruises are those who are completely uninformed and have unrealistic expectations.

You must be so excited! No, we will not be on your cruise, but I will be thinking about you. Make sure you post when you return to let us know how you enjoyed your FIRST EVER cruise.

We have been to Tortola and GSC if you have any questions. Also, make sure you read about the ports before you go. That info is invaluable.

I thought I had read here that coupon books were not available this year so this is interesting! My TA had promised me a book but I haven't followed up because I thought they weren't available for 2009.

Sorry bermuder...my comment was referring to MY Dawn cruise in October 2008.

Debhomespun - I was promised a coupon booklet by my T.A. However, when I inquired a few weeks ago, I was told that coupon booklets are no longer being given out - a decision made by NCL, effective Jan. 1, 2009.

I guess we are out of luck, but there wasn't much beneficial in them anyway.

Sorry bermuder...my comment was referring to MY Dawn cruise in October 2008.

Okay, that jives with what I had heard. Thanks so much for clarifying!!! I don't want to become my TA's worst nightmare unnecessarily! :)

ETA: Duh! I should have checked your signature. My bad.

Archived