Is Half Moon Cay, Bahamas another tiny island like grand turk?

domdombus

Can you rent snorkeling equipment when you get off the boot at HMC or do you have to do it thru an excursion?

thanks!

you can rent it. right off the main path (as you enter the beach), there is a little house/office/hut. you can rent various things there, snorkle equip is one (this is also where you wld get the clamshells if you want one). no cash needed. bring your sign and sail card (for drinks too), and lunch is brought over by the crew and served in the food pavillion (no extra charg).

I noticed that HMC is not on the Port of Call list so forgive me for asking this here.

I noticed under the excursions that HMC's stingray adventure is half the price of Grand Turk's. HMC's also has a bathroom and changing area where GT's does not.

Has anyone ever done either of these? Am I missing something if I do HMC's rather than GT?

Thanks in advance

I noticed that HMC is not on the Port of Call list so forgive me for asking this here.

I noticed under the excursions that HMC's stingray adventure is half the price of Grand Turk's. HMC's also has a bathroom and changing area where GT's does not.

Has anyone ever done either of these? Am I missing something if I do HMC's rather than GT?

Thanks in advance

HMC threads are here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406 in the forum for all the private islands. Perhaps someone there can tell you.

Was last week in GT and must say it's my least favorite island. Lot of people where asking why they (Carnival Corporation) stops in GT?

I told them b/c they invested money in the cruise terminal on the island, so they have to stop there.

Was last week in GT and must say it's my least favorite island. Lot of people where asking why they (Carnival Corporation) stops in GT?

I told them b/c they invested money in the cruise terminal on the island, so they have to stop there.

Our group (about 30 of us I think) walked down the beach away from the terminal...away from the crowd and hung out at Jack's Shack. By far, way better than M'ville. We had a blast and had that part of the beach to ourselves since everyone stopped at M'ville. It was great.

well, i don't know how far they have progressed since the hurricane, but as late as november, the destruction was still mind boggling. it was beautiful there and was really starting to develop further, but the hurricane really put the kabosh on that. i viewed that port with a heavy heart last cruise after having been to it previously.

so i wld say, if it was still destroyed, don't let your visit be the "be all and end all" for that port. give it more time, and maybe try it again one day.;)

HMC and Grand Turk together were a great itinerary. Loved both ports. Yes, there is still evidence of the hurricane on Grand Turk, but the progress is amazing considering the damage. We took a taxi to Pillory Beach, the Bohio Dive Resort and snorkeled off the beach there. It was a beautiful beach and very quiet.

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0515-1.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

Archived