• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Will I get some kind of vacation packet in the mail from RCCL?

Assuming that you meant your cruise departs on April 6, 2009, at this late date you will probably only get any info online. That said, we have received the info package when we booked a cruise on a Monday that was leaving the following Sunday.

All you really need is the Setsail Pass that you print out from your online access to your booking.

Hypo

I got a booklet that told you what to expect while onboard, a huge list of excursions, and luggage tags.

I took off two luggage tags, glanced through the booklet and then tossed it all. There's nothing in that booklet that you need. Just do your online check-in and show up at the pier with your luggage tags and print-out (that you'll print out after doing your online check-in).

We just got our booklet yesterday (we leave April 27). I believe you have to request the docs in the snail mail if you want them that way or else they send them as edocs. (check with who you booked with to see). If you leave April 6th (vs June 4th) it may be too late for the snail mail option.

While I agree that most of the info in the book was just "fluff" and marketing, I did think it was good to have in my hands an "official" document that shows I paid, what I paid etc. Maybe cause it's my first cruise but I am glad to have all that info handy in case I need it.

I just booked a few days ago to sail on 04/06. Does RCCL still send out a full packet of information, or is it all online now?

I think the edocs will contain the exact same information as the paper docs you receive via snailmail. The only difference is the paper docs would contain luggage tags. If you don´t get them mailed it´s easy to get the tags from the proters at the pier. Or you can print them off yourself from an example that is in the edcos.

As others said all you really need is your SetSailPass from the online check-in.

Archived