• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Just off Independence 3/7 through 3/15 8 Nighter

Atty

I'm working on a review but it may not be done for several days. Here are the highlights and hopefully answer to most people's common questions:

CD was Graham and he was very funny.

Food in the MDR was better than we've had on our past couple of cruises

Ship was full but never felt crowded

Construction at Labadee is moving along

The "A Close Shave" is a must for any guy

There are cutbacks that we noticed

There is apparently a new M&M "Bucket" in the works to give away at the M&M as a prize

The number of on board activities seems to be down

They are pushing Oasis cruises hard

There was no real hard sell to me or DW in the spa

The weather was very nice although be prepared for wind, mainly the first two days as they cruise at 22+ knots to San Juan

Everyone who cruises out of Fort Lauderdale should check out inletcam.com as it is a great site to see the ships and let people see you sailaway

I will post a day by day review in the near future.

I'm working on a review but it may not be done for several days. Here are the highlights and hopefully answer to most people's common questions:

CD was Graham and he was very funny.

Food in the MDR was better than we've had on our past couple of cruises

Ship was full but never felt crowded

Construction at Labadee is moving along

The "A Close Shave" is a must for any guy

There are cutbacks that we noticed

There is apparently a new M&M "Bucket" in the works to give away at the M&M as a prize

The number of on board activities seems to be down

They are pushing Oasis cruises hard

There was no real hard sell to me or DW in the spa

The weather was very nice although be prepared for wind, mainly the first two days as they cruise at 22+ knots to San Juan

Everyone who cruises out of Fort Lauderdale should check out inletcam.com as it is a great site to see the ships and let people see you sailaway

I will post a day by day review in the near future.

Looking forward to your review, did you spend any time in the Dog and Badger on the RP, if so what was the atmosphere like?

Only 19 days till we do the same cruise:D

Looking forward to your review, did you spend any time in the Dog and Badger on the RP, if so what was the atmosphere like?

Only 19 days till we do the same cruise:D

We didn't spend any time in there because my DW liked to get a Black and Tan before dinner but they didn't have anything on tap to make one. Kinda defeated the purpose of the pub. It looked like it was somewhat popular at night but that was the guitar player in there.

I was on that cruise as well and was told at dinner on Saturday that a girl died while riding the Flowrider on Saturday afternoon around 12:30-1:00. Three of my table mates had been up in that area near Johnny Rockets and saw the area cordoned off and the commotion. (They were not together, just each happened to see the activity.) I was wondering if this was true. I have been looking on the internet, but I know cruise lines don't wish to get that kind of publicity. Did you hear anything about this? I don't know what to think.

I was on that cruise as well and was told at dinner on Saturday that a girl died while riding the Flowrider on Saturday afternoon around 12:30-1:00. Three of my table mates had been up in that area near Johnny Rockets and saw the area cordoned off and the commotion. (They were not together, just each happened to see the activity.) I was wondering if this was true. I have been looking on the internet, but I know cruise lines don't wish to get that kind of publicity. Did you hear anything about this? I don't know what to think.

I was actually there in line when someone got injured on Saturday around 12:30-1:00. It wasn't a girl, it was an older woman that I saw. She was alive the last time I saw her. She went down and crashed hard into her shoulder against the bottom of the flowrider in the spillway area to the side. She was able to get up and walk away after a little time, with assistance, but apparently collapsed one deck below. The Alpha Alpha Alpha call didn't go out for like 20 minutes after her accident. The speculation was that jammed her elbow into you lung/rib area. She was definitely shaken up though. I never heard any rumors about her dying. I'm assuming its the same person.

Thanks for the info. I saw someone take a pretty good throw back into the flowrider pool as I waited in line around 12:00. Maybe that was her. What is an alpha, alpha, alpha - similar to a code blue in a hospital?

Thanks for the info. I saw someone take a pretty good throw back into the flowrider pool as I waited in line around 12:00. Maybe that was her. What is an alpha, alpha, alpha - similar to a code blue in a hospital?

alpha alpha alpha is a medical emergency

bravo bravo bravo is a fire

oscar oscar oscar is man overboard

I talked to the group she was with before leaving the ship, she is doing fine. Hey Atty, are you back at work? I am going through cruise withdrawals!

I talked to the group she was with before leaving the ship, she is doing fine. Hey Atty, are you back at work? I am going through cruise withdrawals!

Yeah work work work....sucks sucks sucks

Archived