• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Lost Crown and Anchor Cruise Credits

Is anyone else having problems with RCI concerning them keeping a proper accounting of cruise credits?

Last fall they finally got mine to the right number of 54.

Yesterday, I wet to the website searching for a cruise and found that they changed the number to 30!

I called C&A and they said they do not know what happened and have no record of any changes to my record.

They said it might be a computer glitch and would be happy to make an adjustment if i would give them a list of all of my cruises.

RIGHT, like I have a copy of all my cruises and dates.

I'm really ticked but I am helpless to do anything about it.

Because of their inconsistencies when they got my amount of credits correct I emailed it to myself. Now if they loose any I have the information in my email. I suggest when you get the correct amount of credits & all the dates do the same.

That's a good idea but too late for me.

I'm just out of luck as I stupidly trusted them to maintain the proper number once they had it right.

The person I spoke to at C&A (and worse yet her supervisor who didn't even know how to look up my record, I heard her ask her subordinate how to do it).

I can't beleive they don't somehow have a record of what happened.

Baically the attitude I got was they didn't care.

In my humble opinion, when Jack Williams left the company, service has gone downhill.

Is anyone else having problems with RCI concerning them keeping a proper accounting of cruise credits?

Last fall they finally got mine to the right number of 54.

Yesterday, I wet to the website searching for a cruise and found that they changed the number to 30!

I called C&A and they said they do not know what happened and have no record of any changes to my record.

They said it might be a computer glitch and would be happy to make an adjustment if i would give them a list of all of my cruises.

RIGHT, like I have a copy of all my cruises and dates.

I'm really ticked but I am helpless to do anything about it.

I save all my Seapass cards so I know when I cruised. What's the big issue between 30 & 54? Do you get something extra for the 54 that you don't get with 30?

What's the big issue between 30 & 54? Do you get something extra for the 54 that you don't get with 30?

I'm wondering the same thing, and NOT in an obnoxious way at all (nor am I saying Ziggy was obnoxious). Is there another level to get to where you'll get something, like 75 or 100 cruises? If so, I'd be upset. If not, I guess it really doesn't matter, if there are no more levels to get to.

I'm wondering the same thing, and NOT in an obnoxious way at all (nor am I saying Ziggy was obnoxious). Is there another level to get to where you'll get something, like 75 or 100 cruises? If so, I'd be upset. If not, I guess it really doesn't matter, if there are no more levels to get to.

You become a Diamond Plus after 24 credits. Their are no other levels.

After 50 cruise credits, solo cruisers pay only a 150% single supplement instead of 200%. You also get to pick another onboard amenity.

At 75 credits you have the opportunity to get a DP upgrade on cruises of fewer than 7 nights and a third amenity.

At 100 you get a free 7-night cruise.

In theory you get dinner with a senior officer at 50 or so (hasn't happened for me; I'm at 75) and perhaps some other bennies that I've forgotten.

I'd be royally ticked off. A free cruise is nothing to sneeze at!

Depending on which cruises are missing, perhaps you have credit card statements, seapasses, dated photographs? Any of that would be helpful in reconstructing your history.

This is from RCI's website about D+:

Additional Benefits

Extra Diamond Plus benefits available after 49 and then 75 completed cruise creditscon_bulletgrey_ico.gif

Special benefit available to those valued members who reach their 100th cruise credit

I figured something would happen at 75 and 100 and now I read that something does. Sorry OP, now I think this TOTALLY sucks and is unfair. I've only been on 8 cruises, starting in 1992...I'm lucky I know what years I cruised, much less WHICH ones were on which dates!

After 50 cruise credits, solo cruisers pay only a 150% single supplement instead of 200%. You also get to pick another onboard amenity.

At 75 credits you have the opportunity to get a DP upgrade on cruises of fewer than 7 nights and a third amenity.

At 100 you get a free 7-night cruise.

In theory you get dinner with a senior officer at 50 or so (hasn't happened for me; I'm at 75) and perhaps some other bennies that I've forgotten.

I'd be royally ticked off. A free cruise is nothing to sneeze at!

Depending on which cruises are missing, perhaps you have credit card statements, seapasses, dated photographs? Any of that would be helpful in reconstructing your history.

I'll pass on the dinner with a Senior Officer. Hook me up at Portifino's or Chops's instead. :)

I have a hard time believing that Royal Caribbean does not have a record of this persons cruises. Even my travel agent keeps a record of my cruises.

I'll pass on the dinner with a Senior Officer. Hook me up at Portifino's or Chops's instead. :)

I have a hard time believing that Royal Caribbean does not have a record of this persons cruises. Even my travel agent keeps a record of my cruises.

I'm sure they do have a record...I mean any of us can just sign into RCCL's website with our C&A number and see our history. I think OP's problem is something "happened" and RCCL is only showing 30 instead of 54 prior cruises. Some glitch caused 24 cruises to disappear.

Just horrible! :mad:

My online credits have never been right and they have changed back and forth over time. However, if they look at their own records I think they should be able to see your credits. Maybe you were talking to someone new.

Reconstructing 54 credits is not a simple task.

I have used mutiple sources for bookings.

I still cannot believe they do not have a record of what happened.

The manifest from my last two cruises had it correct, as each time I was rewarded with a bottle of Moet at the Crown and Anchor party for having the most cruises.

If they REALLY wanted to help me they would and I'm what one would hopefully consider a loyal customer.

Like I said, when Jack Williams left (or Mr. Jack as the crew members would call him) we all just became a $ sign.

I do not think that the online credits necessarily show what Royal has on their own records. I would call back and talk to another person. As I said, my cruise credits have been wrong online, but when I call them, they can look and see what the credits should be.

RC must be messing with things again. My cruise credits are messed up now. The cruise history with credit values is correct but the completed cruise credits is short 4. If you add up the amounts in the credit values on the history page, it doesn't match the completed cruise credits. I don't know if it matters or not.

It amazes me that they can't get it right.

Delta airlines has to deal with keeping records on a "zillion" miles and hundreds of thousands of mile for some individual customers.

They (Delta) have never not kept proper track of my miles and I'm talking over 30 years.

Yet RCI cannot get their system to keep track of a modest number of credits.

This is the 3rd or 4th time now over the past 5 years or so I have had to try and get a correction and I'm getting tired of it.

It takes all of the fun out of the program when you have to keep after them.

I second the copy idea. I have screen shots of my cruises page which shows dates/ships/credits etc.

I do this also. It took them almost a year to get my credits right so now I just print the page of cruise history (since now it is correct). So if they lose them again I can email them the snapshots.

Laura

On the other side of the coin, I have only been on 2 cruises so I have 4 credits (suites). I got a letter a couple of weeks ago congratulating me on earning Platinum status (the one with 5 credits - I think that is platinum). Anyway, I logged in online and it has me listed as having been on a Mediterranean cruise. I wish.

Also, does anyone know when next November's cruises are coming out for the carribean?

Jean,

Hey, Lucky You!

But it is just another example of RCI not having a handle on one of their most important corporate issues, maintaining customer loyalty.

It is really a poor reflection on how the company is run when they cannot get their computer system to provide accurate information.

Someone's head should roll for having so many problems with this over such a long period of time.

i wonder who is supposed to be responsible for the Crown and Anchor program?

Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone know when next November's cruises are coming out for the carribean?

(Carib/Bermuda, Canada,New England) 3/25/09

Caribbean (Year-round/Summer) 4/9 & 4/16/09

Short Caribbean/Bahamas 4/22/09

Seasonal Caribbean 4/29/09

Archived