• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Volendams circumnavigation of Australia next year.

I was just checking out Volendams next season, and she is going to do an amazing Around Australia cruise with a few surprise calls.

Canberra being one and another I cant find much info on is Sherrard Island.

Appears that may overnight there?

What a fabulous itinerary:)

Day Date Port Arrive Depart

1 14/03 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 6.30pm

2 15/03 Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

3 16/03 Canberra, Australia 7.00am 8.00pm

4 17/03 At Sea

5 18/03 Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia 7.00am Noon

5 18/03 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 4.00pm

6 19/03 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 11.59pm

7 20/03 At Sea

8 21/03 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

9 22/03 At Sea

10 23/03 Adelaide, South Australia 7.00am 6.00pm

11 24/03 At Sea

12 25/03 At Sea

13 26/03 Esperance, Western Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

14 27/03 Albany, Western Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

15 28/03 Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia 4.00pm

16 29/03 Perth (Fremantle), Western Australia 5.00pm

17 30/03 Geraldton, Western Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

18 31/03 At Sea

19 01/04 Exmouth, Western Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

20 02/04 At Sea

21 03/04 At Sea

22 04/04 Komodo Island, Indonesia 7.00am 4.00pm

23 05/04 At Sea

24 06/04 Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia 8.00am 4.00pm

25 07/04 At Sea

26 08/04 Sherrad Island 6.30pm

27 09/04 Sherrad Island 6.00am

27 09/04 Ribbon Reef, Queensland, Australia

28 10/04 Cairns, Queensland, Australia 7.00am 5.00pm

29 11/04 Townsville, Queensland, Australia 8.00am 5.00pm

30 12/04 Hamilton Island, Queensland, Australia 8.00am 6.00pm

31 13/04 At Sea

32 14/04 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 7.00am 6.00pm

33 15/04 At Sea

34 16/04 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 7.00am

35 17/04 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

That certainly is a great itinerary. Having Canberra as a port of call has been queried previously. Would they land by tender into Batemans Bay? Esperance is a great port of call.

Cheers,

Evon.

That certainly is a great itinerary. Having Canberra as a port of call has been queried previously. Would they land by tender into Batemans Bay? Esperance is a great port of call.

Cheers,

Evon.

it does look a good itinerary but Batemans Bay is a long way from Canberra and by going to Indonesia they will be able to duty free

rkmw

it does look a good itinerary but Batemans Bay is a long way from Canberra and by going to Indonesia they will be able to duty free

rkmw

Batemans Bay is 145km from Canberra, but it is the closest big coastal town to Canberra. I think it would have been better if they had described the port as 'Batemans Bay (for Canberra)' or something similar. :):)

Evon.

I wonder if there is a mistake here... as Newcastle is up the coast going north and then she heads back down south to where ever they will get to canberra..joanne

I have always wondered about Newcastle as well seeing it is so close to Sydney. Perhaps it is for those who fly in direct to the ship from the States and dont get a chance to do the Hunter Valley before they leave Sydney.

The tours to Canberra wont be cheap as they will have to pay for the bus's to come down from Sydney to take them to Canberra for the day. If they have an early start they may even have to come down the night before and put the drivers and guides up in Hotels... if are there any there?:D

Any one found Sherrard Island yet?

I cant even find it on a map:eek:

I have always wondered about Newcastle as well seeing it is so close to Sydney. Perhaps it is for those who fly in direct to the ship from the States and dont get a chance to do the Hunter Valley before they leave Sydney.

The tours to Canberra wont be cheap as they will have to pay for the bus's to come down from Sydney to take them to Canberra for the day. If they have an early start they may even have to come down the night before and put the drivers and guides up in Hotels... if are there any there?:D

Any one found Sherrard Island yet?

I cant even find it on a map:eek:

hi kiwi Kruzer, i did a google search and i came up with this i dont know if its correct

Sherrard Island is part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park West of Cape Melville, Queensland and East of Coen between the first three mile opening and the second three mile opening of the Barrier Reef about 100km South East of Lockhart River in the Osborn Channel.

The island is 10km East of Old Lochart River and 30km South of Cape Direction.

rkmw

Wouldn't it make more sense to use buses based in Canberra or Wollongong? :):) By the way, there is a fair bit of tourist infrastructure in Batemans Bay and surrounding areas.

Evon.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use buses based in Canberra or Wollongong? :):) By the way, there is a fair bit of tourist infrastructure in Batemans Bay and surrounding areas.Evon.

I know that Evon.....;)

I am just being naughty and thinking of what the cruise line will tell the passengers in order to justify a higher price for their tours.:D

You can do a day tour to Canberra from Sydney.

Day 3 is Batemans Bay, tenders in to the wharf. No doubt Princess tours to Canberra to see the sights. 2 hours each way up the Kings Hwy over the Great Dividing Range, long day. Also some good things to see locally. Don't forget Les's local tours might be there, US$ only, plus 15% gratuity of course. Heh, Heh.

Archived