When Price Comes Into Play, How Loyal Are You to Your Favorite Line?

Dan Askin

What will trigger you to swap lines?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. What will trigger you to swap lines?

• Nothing, I'm finding great deals with my favorite line.
    • Nothing, I stick to my line regardless of price.
    • I'd try a new line if they made it worth my time (and wallet).
    • I don't have any brand loyalty, price trumps all.
    • I'd only leave my line for a more luxury/upscale one.
    • A combination of low prices and good reviews
    • If my line didn't have a similar itinerary
    • If my friends/family are cruising with another line
    • Other, please post.

We've managed to find great deals on Princess cruises more often than with other lines. It helps that they have more ships and that their ships are larger.

Now that we get free Internet minutes on Princess, that cost figures in if we decide to go on Celebrity or HAL. With the right itinerary at an attractive price, we would go on them again.

For us, it's itinerary first, then price, then cruiseline. It has to be destinations we couldn't easily do in an "over land" vacation that we find interesting due to cultural or historical tourist sites. However, we are still "newbies" and have only cruised twice so far with one booked for January.

My wife and I are at the Princess Captain's Circle highest level of customer loyalty. I would very seriously consider cruising with another line within Carnival Cruise Lines, especially Cunard, Windstar, and Holland America, if we were allowed to take advantage of the same amenities as those awarded to the customers who have achieved the highest level within that company's loyalty program. I believe the quality of our future cruise vacations would be greatly enhanced due to expanded itinerary options and it would be good to experience the "perks" of the other lines' loyalty programs. I do not see a downside with this arrangement.

My wife and I are at the Princess Captain's Circle highest level of customer loyalty. I would very seriously consider cruising with another line within Carnival Cruise Lines, especially Cunard, Windstar, and Holland America, if ..... <snip>

Holland America no longer owns Windstar and those ships are no longer a part of the 'Carnival Family of Ships'. I think it was Majestic America that purchased them.

We have cruised with Celebrity more than any other line but have also cruised with HAL, Princess and RCI. All have different characteristics that would draw us to cruise for the right price. We prefer Celebrity because it is mostly non-smoking and are reluctant to try others again (because that's where the smokers are going.) Celebrity has the worst loyalty program and we would like to try RCI or Princess again for the perks.

Interesting. So far we have found Celebrity to have the best loyalty program of all lines we have been on. Azamara is a bit better once we return next year because of free internet, but again, many points come from Celebrity as Azanmara and Celebrity are combined through this year.

No One has to be loyal to anyline, they all work together. It depends on what ship does what for each person. We love the promanades and I think that this is what We love the best. I am not loyal to anyone or anything. I have made my mind up on many ships they are all the best in my eyes... I would prefer to go on a ship with middle aged women, and have a retreat but never found anyone to have such a thing.

but that is me. what can I say.

Price alone is not a sufficient determinant. What really counts is value - which consists of product and price. And product itself is a compound of service, itinerary and ease of access to port of embarkation (and perhaps other elements).

There are some itineraries I would not go for unless the port, line and price were all extraordinarily good (and would possibly not leave the ship at any of the ports). There are some lines I will avoid unless the itinerary, port and price are very attractive. There are some prices I will not (perhaps could not afford to) pay, regardless of service, port and itinerary.

I doubt anyone makes a decision based upon price alone.

Archived