• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Hawaii via San Diego

Hello All,

En route to Hawaii, on April 12th my husband and I will be boarding the Carnival Spirit in Ensenada Mexico at 9PM after landing in San Diego around 1PM!!!!! Any advice on how to spend the day? Carnival suggests using the day to see the area which we'd love to do... but how do we do that with our luggage? Any info would be great, thanks for your help!

Welcome. We have a roll call thread for the cruise here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=753961

I don't think you will have any time to spend any time visiting San Diego. By the time you get your luggage and get to the port I expect that they will be running the buses to Ensenada.

Come visit us on the roll call thread.

You will need to go to the pier in San Diego and check-in as soon as you land. The shuttles will begin transferring passengers to Ensenada at appx. 1:00. The bus trip will take between two and two and a half hours. Once you arrive in Ensenada you will be able to spend what time you have left in town. The Spirit has a free shuttle from the pier into Ensenada. You will not have any time to see San Diego.

We sailed this itinerary last April. :) It was a fantastic experience that I'm sure you will enjoy as much as we did. You can see our pictures here it you like.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563490413uQLKKy

:DHEY! If you get a chance,go to Old Town.Its neat,and free to get in.There are some great resturaunts there.EAT FISH TACO's.Its a so cal thing! I stayed at the Days Inn on Pacific Coast Hwy,near the airport.Cheap,and I felt safe.Its within walking distance to "little Italy". Been there,done that,with a 16month old in tow by myslef. If you rent a car,I reccomend Fox.I got a GREAT rate.I went to Pacific Beach,and you can see the Mission Beach peir from there.

If hubby would,Id retire out there.....

Have fun! THeres TONS to!:D

I TOTALLY reccomend spending the day there,if you can!

Hope it helps,and HAVE FUN on your Cruise....

Archived