• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Table for Two - Pacific Princess ?

bandt

How easy is it to get a table for two in the Main Dining Room on the Pacific Princess ? We are certainly not anti-social but would appreciate an intimate table for two for our cruise.

Many thanks

B&T

It should be VERY easy!

We usually enjoy groups but were assigned a table for two in ANYTIME DINING the second night out.............loved our table, location and especially our waiters.

The next few mornings I just called and requested that table for a certain time and about the fourth night the Maitre d' said he may as well put us down for that table and time for every night (18 night TA)...........we really enjoyed just visiting at our table for two.

If you don't get assigned one, try ANYTIME DINING!!;)

It should be VERY easy!

We usually enjoy groups but were assigned a table for two in ANYTIME DINING the second night out.............loved our table, location and especially our waiters.

The next few mornings I just called and requested that table for a certain time and about the fourth night the Maitre d' said he may as well put us down for that table and time for every night (18 night TA)...........we really enjoyed just visiting at our table for two.

If you don't get assigned one, try ANYTIME DINING!!;)

The Pacific Princess doesn't have anytime dining, only traditional.

We were on the Pacific Princess in 2006 and requested a table for 2. The first night we had a table for 4 and let's just say we weren't sympatico with the other couple. We talked to the maitre 'd and he moved us to a table for 2. Actually it was a table for 4, but the ship wasn't completely full, so they simply removed 2 chairs. 27 days of dining bliss - and one of torture.

I think it depends on the sailing. On TP/OP, there were many more (honeymooning) couples who wanted tables for 2 than could be accomodated. They set up a number of makeshift tables for 2 near the kitchen entrance (if I remember correctly). Our table for 2 was located, in what I believe has been referred to around here has "railorad style", almost touching a table for 6 on one side and a table for 4 on the other. I believe there are 2 tables for 2 in the entire dining room next to the window. Had the tables on each side of us not been entirely Spanish speakers (whom as far as I can tell spoke little or no English) or had we spoken any Spanish (we speak English and French) I think we would have felt like we were at a table for 12!

Ok, I suppose this is a *slight* exaggeration of how close they were-- it was probably about 2-3' between the tables-- and as I said, it worked out fine, but I would advise people not to expect especially private tables for 2.

If you can't get a table for 2, then don't be put at a table for 4 with 2 other people or you might be placed with someone who you definitely would not want to sit with. Go with a table of 6 or larger to insure you'll have someone else to talk to or let them have their conversation while you can talk with each other.

How easy is it to get a table for two in the Main Dining Room on the Pacific Princess ? We are certainly not anti-social but would appreciate an intimate table for two for our cruise.

Many thanks

B&T

DON'T settle for a table for 4 or 6. Be pleasantly ;) insistent with the

Maitre' D if he doesn't give you one immediately. We also like to eat alone and have always been able to.

I am on the PAcific now. At second seating, there are several tables for two which are empty each night. However, you should know that they are about 6 inches away from a table for 6. You may not be getting the privacy you are hoping for.

DON'T settle for a table for 4 or 6. Be pleasantly ;) insistent with the

Maitre' D if he doesn't give you one immediately. We also like to eat alone and have always been able to.

In a traditional dining room that is fully booked, being insistent does not magically free up a table.

Archived