• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Huatulco for a first timer...

josephml1

I absolutely fell in love with Huatulco! It is beautiful. We did the customs and traditions tour with Marcos Lopez a local guide. He was absolutely wonderful. He took us all around the area and showed us a lot about how the locals live--I even picked out a future homesite. ;) He took us to a local shop where we learned about Mescal and some of the local foods. A weaving shop and local store. His contact information is:

Marcos Lopez huatulco.tours@yahoo.com

His english is perfect--he spent a few years in the States. He told me he can also arrange boat tours if that is what you want. I gave a review on trip advisor of his services and you can read many positive comments. Just can't say enough good things about this wonderful place and Marcos! We compared notes with others on the ship when we got back and through the ships tours you won't see nearly as much as Marcos showed us.

I can honestly say that this has been my favorite port in Mexico. They are planning on a lot of development in the area and I hope they do a good job so they don't spoil the natural beauty! Marcos explained that they have been fighting over the best way to develop the land and they have decided to make sure that they do set aside land as a natural preserve area, and they won't allow big chains to come into the area. Hope they do go through with this--I hate going to other countries and seeing KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds everywhere.

Hope this helps!

I absolutely fell in love with Huatulco! It is beautiful. We did the customs and traditions tour with Marcos Lopez a local guide. He was absolutely wonderful. He took us all around the area and showed us a lot about how the locals live--I even picked out a future homesite. ;) He took us to a local shop where we learned about Mescal and some of the local foods. A weaving shop and local store. His contact information is:

Marcos Lopez huatulco.tours@yahoo.com

His english is perfect--he spent a few years in the States. He told me he can also arrange boat tours if that is what you want. I gave a review on trip advisor of his services and you can read many positive comments. Just can't say enough good things about this wonderful place and Marcos! We compared notes with others on the ship when we got back and through the ships tours you won't see nearly as much as Marcos showed us.

I can honestly say that this has been my favorite port in Mexico. They are planning on a lot of development in the area and I hope they do a good job so they don't spoil the natural beauty! Marcos explained that they have been fighting over the best way to develop the land and they have decided to make sure that they do set aside land as a natural preserve area, and they won't allow big chains to come into the area. Hope they do go through with this--I hate going to other countries and seeing KFC, Pizza Hut and McDonalds everywhere.

Hope this helps!

Yes, it helps a lot, right now I am going to contact Marcos and ask for his services...

Again thank you very much for your help and advice.:):)

Yes, it helps a lot, right now I am going to contact Marcos and ask for his services...

Again thank you very much for your help and advice.:):)

Glad I could help! Have a great time and hope you enjoy this beautiful port as much as we did!

Archived