• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

is it to late

maofthree

friends panicedm with economy goin up, when bookin a cruise and paid way to much cruise and air, is it to late (cruise ib april) to change to a ta..... i think they booked direct the cruse line. can you go from ta to ta...?:confused:

friends panicedm with economy goin up, when bookin a cruise and paid way to much cruise and air, is it to late (cruise ib april) to change to a ta..... i think they booked direct the cruse line. can you go from ta to ta...?:confused:

I am not sure what you think that would accomplish is they have already booked their cruise. If it is far enough out I guess you could cancel and then you (they) could go anyplace they wanted. Airfare usually has awful change fees but sometimes the airlines will refund if the same seat is available at a lower cost in the same price code bracket. That is always worth trying.

I am not sure what you think that would accomplish is they have already booked their cruise. If it is far enough out I guess you could cancel and then you (they) could go anyplace they wanted. Airfare usually has awful change fees but sometimes the airlines will refund if the same seat is available at a lower cost in the same price code bracket. That is always worth trying.

You got all that?

Wow, who learned you to spoke?

Huh?:confused:

Oh c'mon people stop giving the OP a hard time. If you don't have something to offer then skip it. It did not take rocket science to figure this post out! For those that require a perfect post here's what it should have said....:rolleyes:

"My friends panicked with the economy going up when they booked a cruise. They paid way too much for cruise and air. Cruise is in April. Is it too late to change to a TA? I think they booked directly with the cruise line. Can you go transfer from a TA to another TA? "

Op to better help you can you find out if they did in fact book directly with the cruise line?

If the cruise is next month then your friends' booking is in the penalty phase. Carnival used to give on board credit for a price change past final payment but stopped this practice last year. I doubt anything can be done at this late date. If your friends' cancel they will forfeit some of the fare they have paid. As time moves closer to sail date the percentage they forfeit will increase.

You can move the booking to a TA but I'm not sure that will make a difference. They can always talk to a TA first and see what can be done. The TA should be able to assist them in moving the booking.

From the contract of carriage.

6. CANCELLATION BY GUEST, REFUNDS

Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure. No refunds will be made in the event of “no shows”, unused tickets, lost tickets, interruptions, partially used tickets, or cancellations received late or after the start of the cruise. A cancellation occurs when a stateroom is released and not simultaneously rebooked on the same sailing. Carnival strongly recommends the purchase of trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent. Cancellation charges for individual bookings will be assessed as listed below. For cancellation charges related to group bookings, partial ship charters or full ship charters refer to your charter contract or group booking agreement for terms and conditions.

DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE

CANCELLATION

CHARGE(per guest)

2,3,4 & 5

day cruises

Up to 61 days

60 to 30 days

29 to 8 days

7 days or less

None(except Cruises to Nowhere and Early Saver Fares*)

Deposit**

50% of Total Fare

100% of Total Fare

6,7 & 8

day cruises

Up to 76 days

75 to 30 days

29 to 8 days

7 days or less

None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

Deposit

50% of Total Fare

100% of Total Fare

Alaska Cruises, Cruise Tours and 10 day or longer cruises

Up to 76 days

75 to 46 days

45 to 15 days

14 days or less

Deposit

50% of Total Fare

100% of Total Fare

12 & 16 day Europe Cruises, 14, 17 & 18 day South America Cruises and 14 day Panama Canal Cruise

Up to 91 days

90 to 56 days

55 to 15 days

14 days or less

Deposit

50% of Total Fare

100% of Total Fare

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx

You know actually if they are booked in April it is probably too late to transfer to a TA or cancel and rebook without substantial cancelation fees. They have most likely made final payment and would be within the 75 day window.

Actually, the economy might be "going up"--several consecutive days of nice rallies in the market.

However, I doubt this is what the OP was "trying" to convey.

Sounds like a TA has offered them a lower price. Sorry to hear your friends think they paid way too much booking directly with Carnival. There have been other threads upset that prices have dropped and they cant get the new price once they hit final payment. If prices are down, your friends might want to pretend to book and see what the same money will buy on their date, and perhaps they can get upgraded to that cabin.

Hey, Crazed (Betty), how about a sense of humor? This thread was really disjointed and I thin a lot of us would initially do this - :eek: - before taking the time to translate the code this was written in :confused: .

Hey, Crazed (Betty), how about a sense of humor? This thread was really disjointed and I thin a lot of us would initially do this - :eek: - before taking the time to translate the code this was written in :confused: .

I'm sorry but there isn't anything funny about a people jumping on the OP for his/her lack of perfect communication skills. Maybe some of us would chuckle to ourselves for a moment but it would soon become clear what was being asked without the need for comments. A sense of humor is a typo or something funny in a story but not when it demeans the OP.

Crazed,

Didn't you laugh when you read the original post? Yes, I understood the question being asked. It is not that hard to preview before you submit post. Even the title of the post is incorrect. Chill out, and smile. I'm sure most of the people on here had similar thoughts after reading the original post.

If the issue is that the rates for your cruise have gone down since booking, you can call Carnival and get credit for the difference if the Carnival-advertised rates have gone down AND if you're not past the Final Payment deadline.

If you're past the Final Payment date I'm not so sure you can transfer to a TA! Otherwise if a TA is offering a better price for your cruise you can always transfer the booking. You cannot (easily) transfer from TA to TA and the initial TA would have to consent to release your booking, unless the initial TA is prove-ably provining very bad service, then there's a procedure for switching.

ken

Archived