• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Question about internet prices on board?

cleopup

I take an online line class and I have to log on and review items twice a week for credit. (boo his) So on my miracle cruise in April there will have to be school time planned in. I going to bring my own laptop so I can do the work off line and just log on and send it but does anyone have prices. I don't remember. I know the advertise specials. But does anyone have a list?

I don't have a copy of the price list, but this is from CCL's website:

Internet Café Price List :

To utilize the internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account. In addition, when using a Café terminal, files can be downloaded as "read only" but cannot be saved, since a floppy disk cannot be inserted into the PC's. Users who bring their own laptop can read and save files without restriction.

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted "Time Plans" offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises less than 6 days in length:

• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)
  • 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

To rent a Wireless Network Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day; Optional insurance is $3.00 per day. This allows guests to connect their laptops to the ship's wireless signal and is in addition to the Internet price plans.

You may want to see if you can wait until you return to claim your credits - these prices is steep :eek:

I have also heard complaints from some passengers stating that they ran into upload issues and the costs were crazy as it took so long to do what they needed to do.

Hope this helps

You can buy package deals on board the ship for 50-100-200 minutes. The packages are marginally cheaper than the usual $0.75/minute ... Not too mention that the connection speed at sea can be really slow or non- existent ....

Your best bet is to find internet cafes once in port. For example, on my cruise on the Miracle in Feb 09, I found an internet cafe in Cozumel that only charged $4.00/hr!

Archived