• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

connecting rooms(if you dont need them)

If the only cabins left are connecting rooms,would people still book them for two?

Sure. The connecting door will be locked at the start of the cruise; it's only if you and the people in the connecting cabin ask your cabin steward to unlock it that it's open.

Probably, you can hear what's going on in the adjoining room better than if there was no door, but it's never been an issue for us.

I've had several of these rooms, and have never had a problem hearing the people next door (any more than I would have otherwise).. The only negative is that sometimes the couch has to be shorter or the furniture rearranged to accommodate the door.

When we book a cabin we will not book one that connects to another unless we are traveling with our kids. Our experience with them has been that we can hear every word said, the tv and have even had light shining under the connecting door in the middle of the night. I have no desire to share my conversations with my neighbors and no doubt they don't want to hear mine either...:eek:

Bev

I would not choose one either. We had one on the EOS and we could hear all from next door. Thank goodness the children did go to bed early. If the price was a great one and the location of the room good, a connecting would not keep me from booking though, but I would understand that it might be noisy.

Jan

We actually booked a PR connecting room because that was all available. About 4 months before the cruise we were upgraded to a balcony:D I think they must have needed our connecting rooms? This was on the Explorer.

We've been assigned connecting cabins twice on GTD rate, neither on RCI and requested to be moved to non-connecting cabins. Neither time would they move us, we were booked pretty far in advance both times. We had always thought these cabins would be more desirable to parties traveling together or families.

I have to say we didn't really notice any noise from the connecting cabins like we thought we would.

One was on NCL Star and the onther on QM2.

We just got back from being on the Navigator and we hated the door. The next door neighbours had the tv going almost all the time and it was like they were in our room watching tv. Sound carried a lot. We could hear everything they said... and were pretty sure they could hear us.

Wouldn't do book a room with a connecting door again. When we booked we didn't notice.

A little oil on the hinges will solve the noise from the door problem. Just bring some WD-40 with you.

We've had only one and never again. Yes, we could hear the people talking, coughing, laughing and watching TV, but the worst was they slept with their balcony door open which caused air from our room to be sucked through the adjoining door causing all sorts of whistling noises. Fortunately, we had duck tape and solved that problem.

My Mother and I had a junior suite on our Mariner cruise, and it had a door connecting it to the other room. I didn't know this when I booked the cruise, or I probably would have chosen a different room. But we really had no problems, the only time we could hear any noise at all from the other cabin was when we sat in the chair that was close to that door. It was never an issue. And the door was locked so we didn't worry at all about it.

Archived