• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

ocean view vs family oceanview

hi I booked 2 ocean view rooms i use a wheelchair and oxygen andi looke at sizes and pics of an ocienview with my oxygen equitment and wheelchair parked in their it wouldve been a real squeeze. so i Booked a family ocean view for the siz of us as it seems there is more floor space for my equitment they ahd no wheelchair cabins left and thsi cruise is the only one i can go on. the agent and rci said that the rooms areas combined was more thatn teh single family ocean view but i cant split my wheelchair in half and medical equitment it all needs to be with me in my room. do you think I made the right choice the family ocean view looks alot more roomy when the sofa bed is folded up. I hope ive mde the right choice this was what rci recommended as no junior sweets were left or any others and ther was balcony which was smaller and only slept 2. also the 1 family oceanview worked out cheaper that 2 oceanviews.

hi I booked 2 ocean view rooms i use a wheelchair and oxygen andi looke at sizes and pics of an ocienview with my oxygen equitment and wheelchair parked in their it wouldve been a real squeeze. so i Booked a family ocean view for the siz of us as it seems there is more floor space for my equitment they ahd no wheelchair cabins left and thsi cruise is the only one i can go on. the agent and rci said that the rooms areas combined was more thatn teh single family ocean view but i cant split my wheelchair in half and medical equitment it all needs to be with me in my room. do you think I made the right choice the family ocean view looks alot more roomy when the sofa bed is folded up. I hope ive mde the right choice this was what rci recommended as no junior sweets were left or any others and ther was balcony which was smaller and only slept 2. also the 1 family oceanview worked out cheaper that 2 oceanviews.

What ship are you on? I am familiar with the family ocean view on the Voyager of the Seas. The room is really big, but it has a regular cabin bathroom. I don't know if the bathroom would be accessible.

Iv seen pics of the family ocean view and looks to me like the extra space will be just fine for your wheelchair and equipment, just a little less floor space for the others in your party. I know those family cabins go for a lot, sorry you were unable to find a HC cabin to book. I think you will love the family OV.

im on idepndance of the seas i wouldnt need the bathroom to be accesible i can walk short distances e.g around the cabin as long as the room space is big for me t stor my oxygen machine and breathing machine which id fairly small just need a coffe table next to bed my refillable unit and wheelchair its fine i hout it wouls be very big squeeze in a regualr oceanview

thanks for all your replies this is my firts cruise our family ocean view came to just over £6000 would have been less if booked throu a TA but the cruise is being funded my a chrity for terminally ill children and they prefer to book straight throu RCI but It cost about £1000 les than the 2 regualr ocean views!!

thanks for all your replies this is my firts cruise our family ocean view came to just over £6000 would have been less if booked throu a TA but the cruise is being funded my a chrity for terminally ill children and they prefer to book straight throu RCI but It cost about £1000 les than the 2 regualr ocean views!!

Ayesha,

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned funding through a charity for terminally ill children. My family is getting ready to travel on the Indy for the upcoming transatlantic crossing on 4/14. Our oldest son is a brain tumor survivor and in a wheelchair with signficant disabililites. We have booked a Royal Family Suite for our family - the cruise made a very appreciated exception to the 5 person minimum due to our special needs (Thanks RCL!). I am only mentioning it because I saw your pricing and honestly, ours is pretty close to that for the 2 week crossing. I thought it would be worth suggesting that you look into the pricing on that option as well.

I hope your family enjoys whatever trip you choose - I know mine is very excited about this coming one!

In hope,

Dani McCauley

hi ms mcCauley, This was of the only cruises i could make as I am not medically fir enough for kind of flight and also this cruises could be worked arount my multiple hospital admissions and treatments. There are 6 of us going so maybe this is why the price was so high. Maybe on this cruise the PS family suite may have cost more when we rang to inquire they said the best vailable for 6 of us was the family ocean view and they only had 2 left

Archived