• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Sun class - covered aft balconies ?

Sorry - Yet another question about covered & partially covered balconies.

We are looking at booking the Sea Princess - 14 Day Caribbean - we LOVE AFT Balconies - can someone confirm - the Baja Deck (AFT) balconies on the Sun class ships (Dawn, Sea and Sun) appear to be partially covered - (people on decks above are able see down onto your balcony) - the Caribe Deck balconies appear to be the same (partially covered)

and the Dolphin Deck Balconies are FULLY Covered ??

THANK YOU !!

Sorry - Yet another question about covered & partially covered balconies.

We are looking at booking the Sea Princess - 14 Day Caribbean - we LOVE AFT Balconies - can someone confirm - the Baja Deck (AFT) balconies on the Sun class ships (Dawn' date=' Sea and Sun) appear to be partially covered - ([/color']people on decks above are able see down onto your balcony) - the Caribe Deck balconies appear to be the same (partially covered)

and the Dolphin Deck Balconies are FULLY Covered ??

THANK YOU !!

Aft balconys on the Sea are not exposed to other staterooms above. Not sure which category you are looking into, mini suite or full suite here, but Dolphin deck aft staterooms are fully covered, both mini or full suites. And Baja and Caribe are paritially/mostly covered. No one looks down on you from above staterooms, but those partially covered can be seen from the open deck above only if you are at the railing.

See this picture where I have our mini suite noted on dolphin deck. BTW-Dolphin deck has the smallest aft balconys so one of the others would be preferable. Just click on the picture to take you to our album and a larger view of the aft section. ;)

2836063650046132864YUudPn_th.jpg

Just for future reference. All side balconys both mini suites and balcony cabins on the Sea Princess are totally covered. There are no totally exposed balconys or partially covered side balconys on this ship. ;)

aft balconys on the sea are not exposed to other staterooms above. Not sure which category you are looking into, mini suite or full suite here, but dolphin deck aft staterooms are fully covered, both mini or full suites. And baja and caribe are paritially/mostly covered. No one looks down on you from above staterooms, but those partially covered can be seen from the open deck above only if you are at the railing.

See this picture where i have our mini suite noted on dolphin deck. Btw-dolphin deck has the smallest aft balconys so one of the others would be preferable. Just click on the picture to take you to our album and a larger view of the aft section. ;)

2836063650046132864yuudpn_th.jpg

just for future reference. All side balconys both mini suites and balcony cabins on the sea princess are totally covered. There are no totally exposed balconys or partially covered side balconys on this ship. ;)

thank you !!

thank you !!

Your more than welcome.

I still have all the info when I was researching the Sun Class ships years ago. Sizes, which deck has the largest balcony aft, what was the square footage. :) I was looking at mini suites and full suites and found that although the Sun, Dawn and Sea are all sisters, there were some differences between the Sun Princess and the Dawn and the Sea, when it came to aft suites and minis.

Glad I could help. Enjoy!

Archived