Embarking next week, a couple of quick questions

mrsltg

Hi All-

I am embarking on the 3/29 Westerdam next Sunday. I have never sailed HAL so I have a few questions.

1. Do they carry Splenda? If not it's no big deal, I'll just bring my own.

2. Bottled Water - I know this is available and I also know it will be pricey. I was on one cruise line where they sold a case of bottled water for about $24 for your cabin. Does HAL do this or are bottles priced individually?

3. Internet fees - is there a week-long package available for purchase or is it on a minute by minute basis?

4. Embarkation - We will be arriving at the port early as our group arrives at FLL early. I understand the port is not open before a certain time (10 or 10:30) so we will not arrive prior to that. However, once we arrive what can we expect? Most cruises I have been on you check in and then go stand in line and wait to board. Is it the same on HAL?

Thanks for all of the information- I appreciate the help!

Erin

Hi All-

I am embarking on the 3/29 Westerdam next Sunday. I have never sailed HAL so I have a few questions.

1. Do they carry Splenda? If not it's no big deal, I'll just bring my own.

The ship carries Pink, yellow and blue packages of suger substitute, I believe the yellow packages are Splenda.

2. Bottled Water - I know this is available and I also know it will be pricey. I was on one cruise line where they sold a case of bottled water for about $24 for your cabin. Does HAL do this or are bottles priced individually?

Bottled water is $2.95 for a Liter, I do not know if they will sell you a case for your cabin.

3. Internet fees - is there a week-long package available for purchase or is it on a minute by minute basis?

They have a package deal I believe it is $55 for 110 minutes.

4. Embarkation - We will be arriving at the port early as our group arrives at FLL early. I understand the port is not open before a certain time (10 or 10:30) so we will not arrive prior to that. However, once we arrive what can we expect? Most cruises I have been on you check in and then go stand in line and wait to board. Is it the same on HAL?

If you arrive before 11:00 you will be required to wait in the terminal until the ship is ready to accept passengers - on the average this is 11:30 - 12:00, theen you will be allowed to board and go to the LIDO until cabins are ready usually around 1:30.

Thanks for all of the information- I appreciate the help!

Erin

Hope that helps.

Internet:

There is a one time activation fee of $3.95.

3 plans:

You can buy by the minute -- $0.75 per minutes.

You can buy 100 minutes for $55 -- if you sign up for a package on embarkation day you can get 10 free minutes.

You can buy 250 minutes for $100 -- if you sign up for this package on embarkation day you can get 20 free minutes.

Archived