• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Aft Cabin 8170 - Radiance

Well, I just booked cabin 8170 on the Radiance for an Alaskan cruise we are taking in July. Did I make a good choice? Can anyone tell me anything about the aft balcony cabins on this ship. What is the patio funiture that is on the balcony? Will there be at least 1 or 2 loungers? Are the rooms larger in the aft cabins? Is the viewing good at the aft of the ship? Any advice about this cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Well, I just booked cabin 8170 on the Radiance for an Alaskan cruise we are taking in July. Did I make a good choice? Can anyone tell me anything about the aft balcony cabins on this ship. What is the patio funiture that is on the balcony? Will there be at least 1 or 2 loungers? Are the rooms larger in the aft cabins? Is the viewing good at the aft of the ship? Any advice about this cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

You will love it!!!

2933109220042131291S600x600Q85.jpg

Very large balcony...once you go aft you will never go back, I mean forward!!!!:D

BILL

I've been next to you in 8168. The cabins are the same size, but the balconies make them live larger. 8168 has two loungers, two chairs and a small table.

We cruised aft on the Rhapsody last year. It's wonderful for Alaska. You did good!!!

Thanks everyone.

Which July cruise are you on?

We just booked aft cabin 9692 on the Explorer OTS; Bermuda in November. Does anyone out there have a picture of the back of the Explorer? We have been on many cruises but never booked the aft cabin. We have another cruise booked on Serenade OTS in Jan 2010, maybe should change this one to an aft balcony cabin?

We are on the July 3rd Vancouver to Seward cruise.

Everyone thanks for your input I feel much better now. We originally had hump cabin 7594 but when aft balcony 8170 became available we decided to move. If anyone has pictures I would love to look at them.

Kristin

I am also going on the Radiance in July 2010 (7-23-10). I have cabin 9256 - which I am VERY excited about. I have read GREAT things about aft cabins.

---------------

You will love it!!!

2933109220042131291S600x600Q85.jpg

Very large balcony...once you go aft you will never go back, I mean forward!!!!:D

BILL

We've had 8170 on Radiance.....GR8 cabin.........deck has 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs with 1 small table.....

Aft is awesome for AK....good spot to whale watch thru the inside passage.

Also since 8170 is at the very end of the hallway I have a cheater way to know if dh is in the cabin or not (saving a few steps!!)...

Put a bright neon color magnet on the door when in the cabin.....remove it when leaving the cabin.......that way you can just look down the hallway and if you see the magnet you know whomever you're sailing with is there.......beats calling (and if they are on balcony they won't hear the phone)....

enjoy it!! I'm jealous of ya!!

j

We are on the July 3rd Vancouver to Seward cruise.

Everyone thanks for your input I feel much better now. We originally had hump cabin 7594 but when aft balcony 8170 became available we decided to move. If anyone has pictures I would love to look at them.

Kristin

That is the same cruise we are on. I have funny story to tell as I was watching cabins for my mom who is joining us and she wanted to upgrade to a balcony and I looked and saw two balcony's available. Then I saw you other post about the two and then looked and saw the deck 8 aft cabin go away and I said to my mom, I'll bet they are on the same cruise. Sure enough. My mom took the deck 7 aft, so she too is very excited.

Do come join us in the Meet and Mingle area. We just reached 25 people, so we'll get the mini-party from RCCL. Hope to meet you on board.

Oh, we are in aft as well, on Deck 10, so we can have an aft gatheriing. LOL

Archived