Need help with BofA!!!

DKCkruiz

Ok -- here's my situation. My family has a cruise book in June on NCL (love them totally!). We have acquired two of the $500 certificates from BofA for use ON that cruise. Problem: the cruise reservation lists my legal married name (say it's "MARY DONNA SMITH"), while my credit card -- and thus the certificates -- use my "ordinary" name "DONNA SMITH". Now NCL is refusing to use the certificates because the name isn't the same!!! :eek:

NCL has told me to contact BofA and request a letter from them that I am in fact the same person. The NCL person in accounting who said this says it is not an uncommon problem, and has worked with BofA before (unfortunately, she was not able to give me a name to contact). However, when I contact BofA, they say they have never heard of such a thing and want to transfer me back to NCL. I have been running in circles with both NCL and BofA since Thursday -- and final payment is Monday the 23rd!

Does ANYBODY every had this problem, and had it resolved satisfactorarily? Does ANYBODY have the name and/or number of somebody at BofA who can help me?

One way or another we are taking this cruise, even if I have to make final payment in cash and ask for a refund. But it's just so FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Personally I just think that is silly if the name NCL has includes two of the three names as in the example you gave. However the only good news I have for you is if you do have to pay the balance with a credit card,when BoA does get you the letter NCL is requesting, NCL should credit back your credit card for the $1000.00 in certs used. If you call the number on the back of your credit card,they should be able to get youu through to the old BoA Compass Rewards people. God knows when we called it and tried to get the World Points people they kept putting us through to the Compass Rewards folks.

We had a situation where my husband was the card holder and I was an authorized user. When the certificates came I did not look at them closely (last fall). After reading things on this board I looked at them and realized they were only made out in his name. He is not going on this particular cruise so there was a problem. I called the resolution dept number which is on the BOA thread and they told me to copy the certificates and have my husband send the copies in with a letter stating that we needed them in both names.

We did this. The whole thing took about a month but they did get reissued in both our names. Is there by chance another person on your card (such as your husband) where you can have the certificates reissued in both names so yours may not matter?

Just a thought.....

Archived