• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

RCCL's Website & Price Checks

I'm curious. Does the Royal Caribbean's website remember you by your IP address when you go online and check prices. Something just happened that I found rather interesting.

I went on Rccl.com to check a price on a cruise. At the same time that I was doing it from my home computer I was doing the exact same thing on my blackberry.

Needless to say the prices were less on the Blackberry compared to my home computer. And this was being done at the exact same time, and all the parameters were the same. I didn't log onto my Royal Caribbean account. I was just acting like Joe Schmoe checking a price.

So I am wondering if Royal Caribbean's website tracks your past and present inputs based upon your IP address?

Yep.........Me too. I found it interesting that I am getting different prices at the exact same time. I think their website remembers you and what prices they have given you in the past. I'll run a scan and see if I contracted some kind of tracking software.

I've had that problem before. With air websites, too. All you have to do is go in and clear your cookies before you re-check. Then you're like a brand new person!

I'm curious. Does the Royal Caribbean's website remember you by your IP address when you go online and check prices. Something just happened that I found rather interesting.

I went on Rccl.com to check a price on a cruise. At the same time that I was doing it from my home computer I was doing the exact same thing on my blackberry.

Needless to say the prices were less on the Blackberry compared to my home computer. And this was being done at the exact same time, and all the parameters were the same. I didn't log onto my Royal Caribbean account. I was just acting like Joe Schmoe checking a price.

So I am wondering if Royal Caribbean's website tracks your past and present inputs based upon your IP address?

If they are tracking your requests by your IP address, I don't think clearing out your cookies changes that. My understanding is that your IP address never changes and stays with you for the life of your network. Maybe someone out there has a better understanding of this?

If they are tracking your requests by your IP address, I don't think clearing out your cookies changes that. My understanding is that your IP address never changes and stays with you for the life of your network. Maybe someone out there has a better understanding of this?

You could very well be correct. Its just something I got into the habit of doing for any site that I check prices.

Just for giggles I cleared all the cookies out from all my computers on my home network. Afterwards I checked the prices. Still the same on all 3 home computers, but when I go to the rccl website using my Blackberry the prices are still different. Some cabins are more, some a less. I just find it interesting. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands....lol.

I have been trying to get into the RCCl website this evening and am getting the message that they are down for maintenance. Check back later. This is what I got from using my bookmarked address. So, since others have been on the website today I tried to get to the website by checking google first. I went right to the RCCL website. I am confused.

By the way, I didn't fine a price drop!!!

In order to clear your IP address, you can do so through your cable modem.....simply deleting your cookies does nothing to your IP address. There is like a button on the back of your cable modem that says reset. BUTTTTTTTTTT the only problem with doing that is, that it throws everything you have connected to it off. For example: I have 2 labtops feeding off of that modem, so if you hit reset, you wont be able to log onto the laptops until you match the IP addresses again.

Hmmmm... that is interesting about the prices, I am going to log on at work tomorrow and see if the prices are different.

Archived