• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

New & Old Millennium Deck Plans on Website, Changes?

Tricia28

There are not to many differences. The conservatory and "the tower":D

switched places. There is also a "platinum club" not quite sure what that is? There are probably many other changes that you can't see from the deck plans.:)

The Platinum Club has always been there, that is the Champagne bar and Martini Bar. The biggest change is there are now 3 categories of CC rooms. I believe this will apply to ALL M class ships now.

No more aft CC rooms for the same price!

There is no library ("Words" or "Notes") We were just on Mille in JAn and it was there still...noticed nothing else drastically different....Platinum Club is just the whole area above Rendez-vous outside the Dining room entrance. (Was empty most of the time ...actually so were the other bars!)

There is no library ("Words" or "Notes") We were just on Mille in JAn and it was there still...noticed nothing else drastically different....Platinum Club is just the whole area above Rendez-vous outside the Dining room entrance. (Was empty most of the time ...actually so were the other bars!)

Looking over the new plans, Words (the library) is still there, over 2 decks. Notes (the music listening room over 2 decks) has dissapeared. Although I still have to experience it, that makes sense in this time of iPods. In its stead on one deck it shows Acupuncture and the other deck has Online@Celebrity.

Looking over the new plans, Words (the library) is still there, over 2 decks. Notes (the music listening room over 2 decks) has dissapeared. Although I still have to experience it, that makes sense in this time of iPods. In its stead on one deck it shows Acupuncture and the other deck has Online@Celebrity.

Notes was replaced some years back, although not all diagrams were updated - they've said that was a work in progress (although I would have thought the website would have been one of the first!).

As you say, the Words library is still part of the plan and is unlikely to go anywhere.

I think the most positive aspect of this is that Celebrity seems to be formally acknowledging that there will be a refurb or there would be no need to "update" deck plans....at least I hope so :)

We have been on the Millie for 6 cruises (70 days onboard - most of them sea days where we really got to explore the ship). The changes that I have noticed is to cabin categories - not to the physical layout. There are different levels of CC categories (not exactly a new idea since those were originally 1A, 1B, etc before they got the idea to turn the 1A's into Concierge class and then changed all the Cat 1's), some 2B's are bumped up to 2A's, etc. They have taken those "sweet sixteen" cabins with the larger balconies and moved them up a category. Those aft CC cabins with the huge balconies are now moved up to a higher category.

This is occuring on all M class ships - not just the Millie.

It looks like the conservatory is still where it was (the Millie was always different from her sister ships in that respect - the spot that is the conservatory on the Millie is called the Tower on the other M-class ships.

Archived