• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Do "Suite" prices ever go down before a cruise??

NYTammy

I have watched our cruise prices from a while back, we leave in 20 days!! I have noticed that the prices for the suites have not changed at all. Do the suites ever go down in price just before a sailing?? I was hoping to get an upsell call to move from a Cat 11 to a Cat 12....but no call yet lol. What is the norm for this?? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I have watched our cruise prices from a while back, we leave in 20 days!! I have noticed that the prices for the suites have not changed at all. Do the suites ever go down in price just before a sailing?? I was hoping to get an upsell call to move from a Cat 11 to a Cat 12....but no call yet lol. What is the norm for this?? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

All I can tell you is from my very limited experience. When I first booked my cruise just over 2 months out, I thought about suite but it was $1000 more for a 5 day cruise. About 4 weeks out, it dropped by $400, so I jumped on it.

I would look to see how many are available...if not a lot, then the answer is probably no. You could always call and ask about an upsell....worst they can say is no.

Thank you all for your replies! I was just curious to see if they do upsells for folks who already have a cat 11 to go up to a cat 12.....thanks!! ;)

BTW, they only have 3 cabins left for the Penthouse suite

Actually, I would think that 3 cabins left in category 12 is pretty significant 20 days out. I would call your PVP and see what they are being offered at for past guests. Our cruise is 40 days out, and I kept hoping for a call from the upsell fairy. We were in an extended balcony but there were tons of suites available. I was hoping to get the opportunity to negotiate, but instead, I called my PVP and it turned out that I could get the exact cabin (aft wraparound) that I wanted for $600 for the 7 day cruise. It was a little more than I had hoped to pay if they had contacted me, but not enough of a difference to avoid jumping on it.

Archived