• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

dawn princess bumpy ride to NZ??

p_toasty

Hi Can anyone tell me what the ride out to NZ from Melbourne will be like in Feb? I am hoping the water wont be too bumpy as i dont fancy getting seasick!:(

We just did NZ to Melbourne this February and the Tasman sea was smooth as glass. Others said it was bumpy. Maybe we just lucked out.

Thank you i am hoping it will be nice and smooth so to hear that it can be gives me some hope ;)

Honestly we hardly knew we were on the water. You will love this trip. It was really awesome.

Marilee

Wow they are great pics!! I guess it will be pot luck and i just have to live in the knowledge that the ship wont sink hahah! thank you so much for sharing the pics :D

Actually the pics were taken in the Bay of Biscayne in January.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1129302/Pictured-Storm-tosses-massive-cruise-liner-like-toy-boat.html

Well those seas are not that bad. I cruised from FTL. to south Caribbean and we were not able to get to port on day 3 due to high winds (40-50 knots) and sea swells that came up to deck 5, the promenade was closed due to swells and wind. I guess it is hit or miss when you book a cruise with regards to weather.

Our crossing in early March aboard Volendam!!

3383578604_cbf92263f3_b.jpg

3383569570_0c6f53f879_b.jpg

cands I just adore they way you always post the best Tasman Sea pics perfect for scaring the Tasman "nervous nellies" Fabulous stuff!!! :D

Maurice

cands I just adore they way you always post the best Tasman Sea pics perfect for scaring the Tasman "nervous nellies" Fabulous stuff!!! :D

Maurice

Hi Marice,

Remember when we did the Syd to LA two years ago? It was smooth as glass.

Mike

Maurice

Maurice,

Thanks. (I think!!).

Some like it rough;).

To add some perspective. We've crossed the Tasman 7 times. Only 2 of those had high seas.

Cheers,

Steve.

Maurice,

Thanks. (I think!!).

Some like it rough;).

To add some perspective. We've crossed the Tasman 7 times. Only 2 of those had high seas.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steve

Seriously great pics! I have only crossed it twice and as Mike above says on Sapphire in 2007 it was like glass and then on Dawn last year is was very smooth.

I want a trip like yours on Volendam!

Maybe one day.

Maurice

Archived