• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Upgrade Table

I have been on 20 rccl cruises, we will be going on another in a month with people who have never cruised before, they made some of their resverations through a travel agent and he said to them before you check in you can find this secret upgrade table that no one knows about and receive some magical upgrade. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

I have been on 20 rccl cruises, we will be going on another in a month with people who have never cruised before, they made some of their resverations through a travel agent and he said to them before you check in you can find this secret upgrade table that no one knows about and receive some magical upgrade. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

never heard of this...but there is a pier coordinator and you can check for upgrades there after check in....the rates are flat and have been posted here before, but they aren't free.....

not sure if that is what you mean

I am sure that meg is right in terms of what the ta was talking about. I would say that s/he is trying to get these new clients excited that s/he knows some special secret and s/he is "letting them in on it".

So, as meg said, after you all check in and get your SeaPass cards, ask for the pier coordinator's desk. Go over there and ask if there are any upgrades available. If there are s/he will tell you which cabins and how much. The amount is always a flat amount for the cabin, NOT per person. The amount will depend on what cabin you are already booked in and what cabin you would be changing into.

I am sure that meg is right in terms of what the ta was talking about. I would say that s/he is trying to get these new clients excited that s/he knows some special secret and s/he is "letting them in on it".

So, as meg said, after you all check in and get your SeaPass cards, ask for the pier coordinator's desk. Go over there and ask if there are any upgrades available. If there are s/he will tell you which cabins and how much. The amount is always a flat amount for the cabin, NOT per person. The amount will depend on what cabin you are already booked in and what cabin you would be changing into.

Here is a thread we had going last week where we talked about upgrading at the piers. One of the people, CC cruiseloverandagent, who was posting on it is a pier coordinator in Galveston.

If you read this you will learn a lot on how it is done.

It also has rates, etc. but they are not always the same and you will read that too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18640497#post18640497

Archived