• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Cabins with balconies below pool

Our experience is the noise of people dragging the chairs around up top that we can hear through the ceiling in the room and on the balcony. Below the Lido dining is another area we had the same experience. We often spend the afternoon on our balcony. As a result, we now pick balconies that are between cabin decks.

we've been on deck 9 on several voyager class ships and have heard minimal noise....occasionally a LITTLE pool music and MAYBE some cheering but really all you can hear is the ocean.....(and we are really picky about noise...if my mom doesn't remember hearing it, we didnt!)

we did hear some dragging of chairs and/or rolling of carts on Serenade (deck 10) and Enchantment (deck 8 IIRC)

We've stayed under the pool on at least Majesty and Enchantment. The day time noises were not bad. You expect to hear the usual pool noise.

What really bothered us was the pool crew, throwing the pool furniture around the pool deck at 5 a.m.!!!

Now, we try to keep one deck between us and the pool.

Rick and Deirdra

Definitely check out what is above you, I didn't notice the noise until I read it here, then on our very next cruise we were in a GS under the solarium chairs and rolling carts the whole time!! also, watch out for restrooms

Definitely check out what is above you, I didn't notice the noise until I read it here, then on our very next cruise we were in a GS under the solarium chairs and rolling carts the whole time!! also, watch out for restrooms

Hey Congratulation's on breaking 1,000 posts! :D

Rancher Dave,

We've heard that from others also. I guess some of us sleep sounder than others. Or maybe on your cruise they didn't hold the "toss the pool furniture contest at 5 a.m.".

R & D

I'd think that definitely could be noisy. Sorry that happened to you...security should have cracked down...or it it was the crew their supervisors should have stepped in to resolve that issue quickly.

We were in cabin #1257 on Voyager last year and I was kept awake by all the gurgling, bubbling noises and couldn't imagine what they were from until we figured out we were directly under the jacuzzi in the spa upstairs. Will never book that section again. There have been wurse noises in hotels and such but it definitely kept me awake.

The shuffling of pool deck and Lido chairs is not really a problem unless you intend to spend part of the day in your room or on your balcony. The music and pool area sounds sort of blow overhead when the ship in in motion.

I've stayed under the pool deck a few times. On Rhapsody I was in cabin 8064 and the noises from dragging the furniture around were horrible, especially late at night/early morning while we were trying to sleep. We didn't notice much music from above. You could hear some faintly but it didn't compare to the sounds of the scraping of chairs on the decks. On Legend we were in cabin 8084, which is under the sports deck. We didn't have any problem with chair or pool deck music, just the neighbors' loud music. :rolleyes: On Sovereign, which is like Majesty or Monarch, we were in cabin 1550 right by the elevators. We didn't hear any noises in that cabin.

I've stayed under the pool deck a few times. On Rhapsody I was in cabin 8064 and the noises from dragging the furniture around were horrible, especially late at night/early morning while we were trying to sleep.

Us, too. We stayed in two different JS on Rhapsody two years in a row. The noise from the solarium above was horrible. The dragging of chairs and tables during the night was almost unbearable. Now, I make a choice between two decks with rooms above and below. Much, much better.

Archived